Benimaru x Reader [Drabble]

(F/A) = Favorite Anime

"Ahhhhhhhhh!" 

"(Y/N), are you ok?!" Benimaru crashed in, making you stop and pause the episode.

"Hey! You destroyed my door! Haven't you heard of knocking?!" You questioned.

"Sorry" he apologized, scratching the back of his neck, "but technically it's Company Seven's door, not yours. But what was all the screaming about?"

"An epic and badass moment in (F/A), and why did you even barge in here?"
"Well...um..."
"He thought you were being attacked" Hikage spoke up from the doorway.

"He lllliiiikkkkeeessss you, so he doesn't want you to get hurt~" Hinata sang, pushing her twin slightly so she could be in the doorway too.

"More like he llllooovvveeesss her~!" Hikage sang before both girls began to giggle.

"What are you two up to?" Konro questioned curiously, making the two stiffen.
"Nothing!" They immediately bolted from the scene, a pink blush formed on your cheeks as Benimaru had a similar blush, but had his head tilted to the side so you couldn't see.

"Benimaru...do you uh...do you really like me?" You asked shyly, wondering if what the twins said was true or if they were just making up things like they often did. You had liked your Captain for years, even before he was your Captain, and while the twins were known to make stuff up to tease you, you couldn't help but hope that just for once they were right.

Perhaps...this could be the moment...for a romantic confession... you thought, sparkles in your eyes.

Your Captain immediately turned around, acting as if he didn't hear you.

"I'm going on patrol." He spoke nonchalantly as he left your room.

Oh hell no, he's not dodging this question!  You dashed out of your room and into the hall, practically cutting off Konro as he was just about to leave himself.

"Benimaru! You will not be walking away from this! Answer the damn question!" You yelled, but Benimaru began to sprint down the hall.
"You'll never take me alive, woman!"

"Benimaru! You will confront your feelings!" You ran after him, running outside in nothing but your socks. Konro blinked at the scene that just unfolded.

Should I help them...? Should I stay out of it...? I think I'll stay out of it...this seems more like a lover's quarrel to me... Konro smiled at the open door before turning and going to the kitchen. Even though you and Benimaru may destroy some of the town in your little chase, Konro was sure the townspeople wouldn't mind especially since most of them hoped you would get together. In fact, whenever Konro went out he would always be questioned at least three times about your relationship status.

Perhaps I should make a cake with white frosting and the word 'Congratulations' for when they get back...there's no way Benimaru can put off his feelings any longer, and (Y/N) wouldn't have chased him if she didn't feel the same.

Konro chuckled at the thought, looking out the window and seeing Benimaru having set one of the spare matoi on fire above a roof with you chasing him using your pyrokinetic abilities as you both shouted things back and forth at each other.

They'll make quite a couple those two...