Omniverse! Ben 10 x Magic! Reader- Maybe the universe doesn't hate me after all

Requested by Alyssajj11, sorry it took so long, but I hope you like it ^-^

(F/M/C) = Favorite Male Character

(F/F) = Favorite flavor

"Hey" You casually approached the table, Ben looked up at you, straw from his smoothie still in his mouth.
"Hey." He tiredly greeted you, not even bothering to take out the straw.

"So did something bad happen or are you just tired?" You asked, sitting down at the table across from him.

"I don't want to jinx it, the universe seems to hate me." Ben muttered as he looked to the side, you laughed a little.
"The universe doesn't hate you Ben, you're just a grumpy teenager."
"Then how come every time I say the thing, something bad happens?"
"The thing?"
"Yeah, you know, the thing!"
"Ben, how many of those smoothies have you had?"
"I'm serious (Y/N)!" Ben whined, "whenever I say the thing even worse stuff happens!"

"What thing?"

"Y'know, the thing I say when I think we're absolutely screwed."

"How could things-"
"Sh! Sh! Don't say it!"

"Alright, alright, I won't finish my sentence. But I still don't think the universe hates you, you just have terrible luck."
"And that's because the universe hates me."
"It doesn't Ben, I'm sure you're over reacting, but..." you trailed off.
"But what?"
"I'm wondering how exactly this ties into your mood. Are you worried something bad is going to happen? Or have you resigned yourself to having terrible luck and/or the universe hating you for some inexplicable reason?"

"Both." Ben answered as he mixed his smoothie with his straw before sipping it again.

"So what brought this on for no reason?" You asked curiously.

"Dunno, couldn't sleep last night so I was thinking about it. Gwen wasn't any help either." Ben groaned tiredly.

"Gwen was up at that hour?"
"She's a college student."
"Oh, is she alright though?"
"Yeah, probably, she just had to do a project for that professor she hates."
"Ah, but uh...is that smoothie helping your little existential crisis?"
"It's not an existential crisis, and yes, it is." Ben pouted, "why aren't you getting one?"
"My Mom made me breakfast this morning and unlike some people, I don't have the stomach of a black hole." You answered, adjusting your position on the table.

"I'm a growing boy, I need all of the smoothie goodness I can get." Ben declared proudly, making you laugh.

"You're such a child!" You grinned.
"Shut up!"
"Alright, alright, I was just kidding, geez. But I guess we're waiting on Rook to show up with the truck?" You asked, leaning back as you crossed your arms, Ben nodded.

"Pretty much. You sure you don't want a smoothie?"

"Nah, I'm fine."
"Alright, your loss," Ben shrugged as a silence fell over you. You played with the string on your black hoodie, thankful for the bright sun to keep your powers in check.

"Hey, are you ok?"
"Me? What? Yeah, of course! Why wouldn't I be alright?" You asked, trying to ignore Ben's suspicious expression.

"Dunno, but you just look kinda worried about something, that's all."
"Well it's just that Rook's supposed to meet us here by 10. You know, for patrol and stuff. He usually isn't late."
"And this the part where the universe hates me."
"It doesn't hate you Ben, Rook probably got distracted by a human thing. I'm sure he'll come around soon." You reassured both him and yourself.

If the universe hates anyone it's probably me...for giving me these powers... you thought as you now played with your sleeve instead. You could feel the darkness inside you, at the corner of your mind, just waiting for you to slip up and take over. You heard a honk, scaring the crap out of you.