Gaara x Reader- To Be a Protector

Adopted by Anya4608, while it wasn't exactly what you requested, I hope you enjoy it nonetheless

"Kankuro, you shouldn't be moving, you're still weak from the poison" Baki kept Kankuro from getting up.

"But...Gaara...he's-" Kankuro began to cough.

"More reason you should rest, please have faith in our allies, they will save our Kazekage-" the building shook, interrupting his sentence.

"What...what is that?!" a large, head with feathers of light blue and white appeared with a (E/C) eye.

"Where is my Kazekage?!" The voice was booming and quite frankly, frightening. Ebizo put out his hand to keep the young ninja from attacking the head.

"Oh Great One, our Kazekage has been stolen from us by the Akatsuki, but please we have already made the proper preparations to rescue him with the help of our allies, there is no need for you to-"

"Useless, I will retrieve the Kazekage myself, you foolish humans have wasted enough time flitting about like mosquitos." The voice growled.

I can't move...why...why am I paralyzed by fear? The building shook as the creature departed, revealed to be a bird-like creature.

"Honored Sibling, what was that?" One of the young ninja asked.

"That, my boy, is one of the village's biggest secrets. She is (Y/N), a spirit on par if not more powerful than the tailed beasts. Her drive is to keep the Land of Wind at peace and is the sole protector of these lands. She realized long ago that our Feudal Lord and Kazekage are key pieces in keeping the land at peace and has become their protectors ever since the First Kazekage and Feudal Lord made the situation aware to her. I've only seen her three times, once during the war, second when the Third Kazekage went missing and the third was today."

"She...she's real! I thought she was a legend!" Kankuro jumped to his feet.

"No, she is very much real, very much ancient, and very much powerful. You shouldn't worry and get some rest, if (Y/N) says that she will come home with our Kazekage, she will." Ebizo nodded knowingly, remembering the spirit's strength in previous experiences.

Chiyo...godspeed...

-Timeskip-

Your eyes scanned the ground, hyper-focusing on the Kazekage's location, this was your duty to keep peace in your territory and it will continue to be so.

"Itachi's tough..."

"Yes and his years in the Akatsuki have helped with that" you felt the rage in your veins, the Akatsuki are threatening your territory's peace and you could not allow anyone associated with them to live. You went in the direction of the voices you heard, you recognized one of your inhabitants against the one in the black cloak.

"Akatsuki!" You roared, landing and tackling him into the earth below you, holding him under your talons, holding one in particular against his throat.

"Tell me! What are your plans with my Kazekage!"

"It seems the warnings Sasori gave are true, but your Kazekage?"

"This is my territory, everything that lives within your petty label of Land of Winds, is mine. Now tell me what you wish to do with my Kazekage or else I will end your insignificant life!" You growled.

"Go ahead, I'm not actually here" were his last words before you pierced his throat, revealing a seperate person.

"That accursed chakra! How dare he have the audacity to trick me! I will end the life of every member of the Akatuski myself!" You vowed, turning to take off before catching sight of the outsiders.