Akutagawa x Reader [Drabble]

When Akutagawa felt someone grab his hand, his first instinct was to impale whoever had a death wish with his Rashoumon, sure he would probably hear it from Mori but it would be worth it to teach the poor schmuck that Akutagawa didn't like to be touched. However, when he turned around to yell at the current and soon to be former dumbest person on Earth, he saw that you were actually the one who grabbed his hand.

You had put it against your forehead, muttering something about how he was cold. Akutagawa was ready to yell and reprimand you for doing something so damn idiotic, but another issue came up, it felt like you had a fever. For a brief moment Akutagawa looked up, glaring at anyone who stared or muttered about what you were doing, and his glare heavily suggested that whoever they were should move along. When he was sure no one else was watching he looked back to you, noticing how your eyes were basically scrunched closed, the creases on your face, furrow on your brow and how you reacted to some of the sounds around you. Akutagawa sighed, already knowing what was going on with you.

"Are you having another migraine?" You flinched at his voice, but nodded as you muttered a small yes, Akutagawa sighed. Your ability allowed you to have telekinesis and telepathy, which meant that if you pushed or over-exerted yourself, you were prone to extreme migraines. You have gotten better and could do more with your ability until you got a migraine but it was still a prominent issue.

"Did you take the medication Mori gave you?" Akutagawa asked you, you shook your head.

"Just...just got back..." was your meek reply, Akutagawa sighed again and just like a worried parent, looked around for somewhere to bring you for a rest. Luckily for you, there was a common room not too far away from the current place you were standing in. Akutagawa led you to this room and with one glare, sent the whole room scurrying away.

"Come on, you should rest." He led you to the couch, where he sat down with you, but he didn't expect you to take this as an invitation to rest your head in his lap.

"J...just what do you think you're doing?!" The lightest of pinks appeared on Akutagawa's cheeks as he hoped you mistook it for anger.

"It...it hurts..." was your soft reply, just like him, you were an important piece on Mori's chessboard, even if you weren't an Executive yet. So even Akutagawa had to keep you happy, or Mori would most likely punish him. That's what he told himself anyway.

"Fine, but try to get some sleep alright? It'll help. But don't sleep too long or I'll shove you off." Akutagawa threatened, but he knew it was an empty threat, you were like a cat, once you were on his lap he had to wait until you were done sleeping to move.

"O...okay..." was your soft response, Akutagawa both watched your contorting facial features and the outside, ready to scare the crap out of anyone who dared to come near. It took you about an hour until you finally fell asleep, but even then it still looked like you were in pain.

Akutagawa sighed, his thumb traced over every crease on your face that he could see, secretly relishing the feel of your skin under his fingertips. And as his thumb smoothed out the small creases and crinkles, you looked much more at peace.

"Idiot, I can't believe you overdid it again." Akutagawa sighed and leaned back, resting his elbow on the armrest of the couch and resting his cheek on his fist. His other hand now occupying itself by gently stroking your hair, slightly, not wanting to wake you, he only buried his fingertips under your (H/C) tresses. He consistently looked between you and outside, glaring at whoever was staring at you from the windows or opened the door.

He found himself reflecting on all the times he was questioned by Higuchi, Dazai, his sister, Mori and even you once about why he did slightly more than tolerate your presence. He told himself and the others the same thing over and over.

You were important in the Mafia so it was crucial to keep you happy so he didn't have to hear about it from Mori.

But he had a feeling there was something else, some other reason that he wasn't ready to explore just yet. All he knew, and was interested in knowing for now, was that he was ready to protect you and didn't want you to suffer.

He may be the Port Mafia's Rabid Dog, but he has subconsciouly appointed himself as your guard dog, and he didn't plan on changing that any time soon.