Yuri Plistesky x Reader [Drabble]

Based off my boyfriend breaking up with me, which gave me the inspiration for this drabble so enjoy my dudes

(P.S I wrote this like, several months ago so I'm basically over him now, it just kinda hurt 'cause he broke up w/ me when I was hanging out with my friends and looking at pictures of me and him.)

As Yakov watched Yuri's form on the ice, he caught you by the railing staring at your phone. He quickly checked the time out of the corner of his eye.

I let her have a five minute break ten minutes ago, why is she still looking at that damned device?!

"(Y/N)! Get back to practice! Now!" He called harshly, you were a known offender when it came to taking more time than necessary for breaks but what Yakov didn't expect was for you to throw your phone onto the ice and as it skidded, your body crumpled against the railing as loud and violent sobs shook your body, tears poured from your eyes and onto the ice below. The whole rink became silent, you were always happy and smiling, you only shed tears when you were laughing too hard. Nobody knew how to handle the situation, not even Yakov. Yuri stopped his practice, his eyes widening as he tried to figure out why you were crying. Was it the pressure? Did something happen in one of your favorite shows? Was your family alright? He felt a bump by his feet and saw your phone, still open.

I'm sorry but I think we need to rethink our relationship status. It's just that I don't feel like I can be the boyfriend you need me to be and we haven't seen much of each other lately. I'm sorry but I believe it's best that we part ways now. I shouldn't be leading you on, but we can still be friends if you want.

Yuri growled at the text, seeing that it was of course from your now ex boyfriend. The one you adored dearly and talked about every chance you got and shoved the pictures of the two of you in everyone's faces.

That piece of shit, it would've been better for him to do this after, now it'll throw off her game in the rink. And over text...he really is scum. Yuri's fists tightened as he lightly kicked the phone away with his skates before slowly gliding over to you. He took a breath as he tried to calm himself down for you. He squatted in front of you.

"Hey...(Y/N)..." Yuri held out his hand for you to take.

"Do you want to go to the bleachers for a little while?" He asked you, you nodded, unable to do much else with your crying. You gripped onto Yuri's hand as tight as you possibly could while leaning into him, your shoulders shaking as you cried. Yuri grabbed a tissue box that Georgi had out for whenever his ex-girlfriend posted a new picture with her new boyfriend. Slowly things went to normal as he led you to the bleachers and sat you down before sitting down himself.

"Here, take a tissue" he held up the tissue box and you took five, going through each of them one after another before they fell at your feet.

"You don't have to tell me what happened, I saw the text. Cry now, let all of your emotions out now, then later we can talk if you're up for it" Yuri put his arm around you, you immediately clung to him as you cried.

"I...I just...did I do something wrong...? I...I know that we...that we couldn't spend time because...because competitions are coming up but...but...I don't know...Yuri what did I...what did I do wrong?" You sobbed, your grip on him tightening.

"You did nothing wrong, he should've known the times spent apart would be long because of competition season. He should've been able to handle it." Yuri told you as things slowly went back to normal in the rink. You continued to cry into Yuri before your sobs died down and you became quiet, but you still clung onto Yuri and showed no sign of letting go. Georgi handed your phone back to the blonde, who just pocketed it for now, and Georgi casted you a sympathetic look before leaving to go skate again.

"Y...yuri?" You asked quietly, your eyes bloodshot and shining.

"Yes?"

"Are you...are you sure I didn't do anything wrong?"

"I'm sure, you'll find the right fit for you someday (Y/N), I know you will" Yuri's arm tightened around you.

"Hey Yuri! Check it out!" You shoved your phone into Yuri's face.

"Gah! What am I even looking at?!?" He jumped back from the close proximity of your screen, you giggled.

"Me and my new boyfriend of course! We went on a date last night and he was such a dork! Look at him!" You grinned, in the picture you both used breadsticks as fangs and mimicked vampires. Yuri felt a twinge of pain in his chest, but he swallowed his pain to maintain his persona.

"He looks like an idiot"

"I know! I love him! We're going to the movies this weekend!"

"Great, what? Are you going to see some sappy chick flick?"

"We are! How did you know?!" Yuri 'tched' and turned his head away.

"Whatever, I should get back to practice, I'd rather do that than hear all this lovely dovey crap."

"Come on Yuri! Don't be so down! You'll find someone to be with eventually!" You called after him, before Georgi walked past.

"Hey Georgi! Check it out!" You ran off again, distracted by the next passerby.

Yuri hated that he felt some happiness at your breakup, that meant you were available and he had a second chance. But he hated that he felt it now, when you were crying because of a breakup and the fantasies of what you could do as a couple now flooded back into his head.

No, I can't think about this now! She's crying and vulnerable, this is the worst time to think about her like this!

You took another tissue from the box as you blew your nose and wiped your eyes one last time. "Thanks for comforting me Yuri, you're a great friend, but I should get back to practice before Yakov yells at the both of us." You placed a hand on his shoulder before letting it slide off as you passed. Yuri's eyes saddened, as he watched you go. He secretly hoped Yakov would give you the day off, you shouldn't go on the ice with your emotions clouded like they were. But he couldn't help but worry about you, you were the girl he loved, but how would he tell you? When would be the right time? He couldn't let someone else take you away from him again. That's when he realized it, he'd win the gold at the Grand Prix Finals, he'd win it and then tell you how he felt. That's how he would do it, that's how he would win your heart, pour as much as he possibly could into his performance for you. He scrambled off the bleachers as fast as he could, practically ramming the tissue box into Georgi's chest before going onto the ice and practicing once again.