Omniverse! Ben 10 x Magic! Reader- Maybe the universe doesn't hate me after all

Start from the beginning

"Ben! (Y/N)!" Rook called with a wave.

"See? The universe doesn't hate you." You told Ben, who shrugged.

"Fine, you win this round, but I will prove to you that the universe hates me!" Ben declared before downing the rest of his smoothie and throwing it in the nearby trash can.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. If the universe did hate you then it'd give you absolutely no proof, which in turn would prove that the universe didn't hate you and you're just being an overdramatic teenager."

"I'm not!"
"So what is the topic of conversation today?" Rook asked as you and Ben got into the truck, it was always Ben first then you, so you had the window. While you did like the view of people walking by and such, you offered to switch with Ben. Seeing as he had his Omnitrix, it would be more strategetic for him to be at the closest exit just in case if something happened. Even Rook brought this up but Ben claimed that he just liked being in the middle 'cause it was easier to hear the conversation and would immediately make the two of you drop it. So because of that you had the highest amount of smashed windshields out of all of the Plumbers.

"Ben thinks the universe hates him." You answered as you closed the door.

"It does!"
"Well perhaps if you checked the glove box, it would help with your pessimistic mood, Ben." Rook smiled at his friend.
"Oh yeah? And what's even in the glove box?" Ben asked, turning to Rook.

"If you open it you will find out." Rook answered as he continued to drive.

"Alright, I'll play your game." Ben reached over to the glovebox while also bumping his shoulder into your arm. He opened the glove box and immediately groaned.

"I absolutely despise your sense of humor." Ben muttered, as you covered your mouth to stifle your laughter. The glovebox had a bunch of gloves in them that looked like they were just bought.
"Don't laugh at his terrible humor (Y/N)! You'll just encourage him!"

"B...but it's funny..." you tried to hold in your laughter, your cheeks puffing out.
"Did you just buy these this morning?" Ben asked.

"Yes, there was a sale so I took the opportunity to stock up. Besides, you never know when gloves could be required to deal with any alien misconduct. I also think they will be good gifts for my family when I see them again."

"Wow, there's all kinds of different gloves in here."
"You and Ben could each take a pair if you wish, I made sure there was a significant supply."
"Just how many gloves did you buy?!" Ben questioned Rook.

"Enough," Rook answered, still in his happy mood. You began to look through the glove box, trying to ignore the small contact between you and Ben.

"Wow, I really like these." You smiled, pulling out a pair of fingerless gloves, they were cloth and mostly black with small stripes of green.

"A wise decision, what about you Ben?" Rook asked Ben casually, who just shut the glove box.
"I refuse to give into your humor."
"Suit yourself, but that box is open any time you find yourself wanting a pair of gloves."
"Noted." Ben answered, as the three of you shifted into a comfortable silence, you were staring at the window, looking out for signs of trouble while Rook continued to drive around as you assumed Ben was keeping an eye out for trouble as well.

-Timeskip-

"Oh my god! Stop the truck!" You screamed, seeing something, making Rook hit the brakes.
"What is the emergency?" Rook asked as you hopped out of the truck.
"Anime store." Ben pointed as you ran inside.

"Oh, well I assume it would not hurt to take a small break." Rook decided, parking the car in front of the store.

"Do you wish to go inside too Ben? It looks colorful." Rook commented, Ben shrugged.