c h a p t e r 44

Ja: Okay I'll answer it but I won't tell him you're here and I won't let him in. Okay?
I shook my head but he walked to the door anyway.
Ja: What's wrong bro?
D: I think i made a big mistake.
I could hear him saying in a cracky voice.
Ja: Dude what happened to your cheek? It's so red.
D: She slapped me but I deserved it. Ja: What happened?
D: Can I talk to you in your room? I don't wanna discuss that in the hallway.
Ja: Daniel... Ehm I don't know if you can come in.
D: Why can't I?
Ja: Ehm... Daniel can we talk tomorrow? Just sleep one night and then everything is gonna be fine again trust me.
D: Jack! Y/n ran away. The second time. I messed up. Again. You're supposed to be my friend and help me now. Can I please come in? I'm feeling so bad right now.
His voice cracked more and more. I could tell he wasn't fine at all.
Ja: Im so sorry Buddy. But I think if you come in you'll just be worse.
No. Did I hear that right? Did he just really tell him I'm in here.
Y/n: JACK!
I screamed whispering.
D: Is she in there?
He sounded more surprised then anything else.
Jack looked at me and then back at Daniel and opened the door fully.
D: Y/n- I-
Y/n: Save it.
Ja: Guys please stop.
We both got quiet.
Ja: I ask you one question. Both of you and you're gonna tell me the truth and Y/n, don't try to seem strong. I know that under all of your attitude you're even more hurt then he is.
I said nothing just looked at my hands in my lap. He was right. I always try to make it seem like I'm happy even though I'm not. You can get hurt when you show people your flaws and mistakes. They'll use them to make you feel bad. Just for their own fun.  But if you don't show them and act like you're completely fine, they have no clue what they can make you feel. And at some point they'll lose interest. Its always the same. In any situation.
D: Okay ask the question now.