Rose and Bellarix's history and an unexpected doscovery in the woods

Lucy POV

"Lucy it's gorgeous!" Kat says and I hold up a green and black and gold dress with a snake design on it.

"Hold on, is that a snake on your dress? I'd have thought that you'd have had a wolf or badger, but a snake? Unless, it's there to symbolize someone you wish could be there tomorrow night..."

"Huh. I could have sworn I put a wolf on there to represent dad... Where did that snake come from?? Oh now I remember, I made two, one with a wolf the other with a snake. Though, I only meant to make the one with the wolf.."

"I plan on offering one of these dresses to Annabelle and I will most likely sell the other ones."

At this, Katherina frowned.. "Lucy, can I ask you a question? Why are you still friends with Annabelle? She turned her back on me when I needed her the most.... She chose to believe Rita Skeeter's lies, rather then to trust me. I just don't understand. How can the two of you be so forgiving toward her? First Henry asks her to the Yule ball and now, your making a dress for her date with him? How could you?" For a moment, Kat looks heartbroken but she quickly masks it with a look of anger. "You know what, it doesn't matter. I don't care. I should go. You have a lot of dresses to work on and I still need to focus on my task for the next challenge. I'll see you later Lucy." Kat says her voice laced with sadness, bitterness and a hint of jealousy. With that, she turns and rushed out of the room as tears begin filling her eyes. I close my eyes and sigh. I hear a welcoming voice.

"You know why she's upset don't you?"
She feels betrayed. First she's betrayed by Annabelle, a girl who's supposed to be one of her closest friends. Then the boy she has a crush on what's his name, Harper, Harold, Harrison?"

"Henry?"

"Yes Henry, that's the one. He chose the very girl who turned her back on Kat over her and agreed to be her date for the Yule ball without hesitation."

"Wait, I'm confused. I thought Henry asked Annabelle to the ball?"

"Nope. Though he's entirely clueless, Annabelle is well aware of how Kat truly feels about Henry. She knew that Kat was planning to ask Henry to the Yule ball so She intentionally asked him to the ball just to be spiteful. To top everything off, you are making a dress for Her date with him. I'd feel betrayed too wouldn't you?" Tom asks with a sigh shaking his head in disapproval.

"What do you want me to do Tom? They are all my friends...."

"That's where your wrong Lucy. Katherina's not your friend, she's family and family should always come first... Why did you make a dress for Annabelle after what she did to Katherina? Not to mention the cruel things that she's says about you behind your back..." Tom mutters.

"Because we are the unlikely four.. I don't want to loose anyone's friendship.. You wouldn't understand."

"What wouldn't I understand? Oh. I get it. I wouldn't understand because I didn't have friends when I was in school is that it?" Tom asked with bitterness, irritation and hurt in his voice.

"No. Bloody hell Tom! That's not what I meant.... I just, I don't want to loose anymore of the people that I love. I don't want my friendships to wind up the way my mother's did."

"What would make you think that I wouldn't understand Lucy? I know how much your friends mean to you."

At this, Lucy sighed. "Alright Tom, I will tell you everything. "When Mum was alive and was a student at Hogworts she became friends with this other girl. Her maiden name was Black. Bellatrix Black."