what's a mudblood/half blood? Hearing voices

Kat POV

As the Griffendor team goes to go practice they are met with the Slytherin team. "I smell trouble."

"We booked the field for today."

"Calm down. We have a letter." The head of the Slytherin team said handing the Griffendor captain the note. "I Professer Snape hereby give the Slytherin house permission to use the quidditch field in order that they might train their new seeker."

"You have a new seeker?" At this Malfoy steps up smiling wildly. "Draco?" The group said in surprise.

"That's not all we have the newest and fastest brooms curtsy of Draco's father." Team leader said with a smile.

"Those are the nimbus two thousands."

"That's Right Weasley. Unlike you my father can afford to buy the very best." Malfoy sneered.

"Yeah like your spot in the team." Lucy said with a slight laugh.

"Watch your mouth you filthy half blood!" Draco sneers at Lucy.

Before Lucy can repaying Hermiony states "At least no one on the Griffendor team had to buy their way on the team. They made their way on the team because of pure talent." Hermiony says replies causing Draco to frown.

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy mudblood!" Draco hissed at Lucy and Hermiony.

"You'll pay for that Draco!" Ron replies pulling out his wand to curse Draco. "Eat slugs!" Unfortunately, due to his wand being broken the curse rebounded and hit him instead. Instantly he began to throw up slugs.

"Let's take him to Hagrid. He will know what to do."

Hagrid pulls a bucket out for Ron to throw up the slugs in. "Who was he trying to curse?"

"Malfoy. He called Lucy and Hermiony... well I'm not sure what it means." Harry replies.

"He called me a mudbloods." Hermiony whispers embarrassed.

"He said Lucy was a filthy half blood." I replied still very confused.

"Oh no he didn't." Hagrid replies shocked.

Hermiony looks pained by this and Lucy seems to be livid. I on the other hand am just as confused as Harry. "I don't understand. What are half bloods and mudbloods?"

"It means dirty blood. It's a derogatory term for a wizard or witch who is muggle born. Like me. It's not a term one usually hears in civilized conversation." Hermiony replies sadly.

"Or in our case Kat He called us half bloods because daddy is a werewolf." Lucy replies with a frown.

"You see Harry, Kat, there are some wizard families such as the Malfoy family who believe that they are better then everyone else because they are what they call pure bloods." Hagrid explains.

"That's horrible." Harry says and I nod in agreement.

"It's disgusting." Ron says as he throws up more slugs.

"It's hogwash is what it is. There hardly ain't a witch or wizard who isn't half blood. We'd have died out if we hadn't married muggles. There isn't a spell that our Hermiony and Lucy can't do. Don't you think on it girls. Don't you think on it at all." Hagrid said patting Hermiony and Lucy's shoulders.

A few hours later found Harry Lucy and I in Lockheart's office signing autographs. "Can you think of no better way to serve detention then helping me sign autographs?" Lockheart said with a smile.

"Fame is a fickle friend. Remember that." Lockheart tells us as we glance at the huge stack of envelopes left to do.

"I'd rather face off against Grayback then doing this. This is a fate worse then death." Lucy whispers to me and I can't help but giggle.