Learning to defeat demntors and the hatchlings are born

Lucy POV

As I was walking the school grounds I came across a nest inside were what looked like a wolf pup and two eggs. I glanced around but there seemed to be no sign of the nests owner. After watching the nest for several hours I determined that it must be abandoned and so I took the pup and the eggs and brought them straight to Hagrid. "Do you know what type of creatures the is going to be?"

"You said you found it in an abandoned nest? That's highly unusual. Most magical and even non magical creatures are protective of their youngens." Hagrid replies.

"Yes this pup seems to have been abandoned as well. Any idea what breed it might be?"

"By the looks of it you found yourself a hellhound. As for the eggs your guess is as good as any."

"You don't think it's a dragon's egg do you?"

"No. There ain't any dragons round these parts." At this Hagrid let out a sniffle. "Sorry. It's just seeing these eggs reminds me of little Norberta. I miss her so much."

"I was hoping to give whatever they are along with the pup to Kat as a belated birthday present."

Kat POV

Today was the day that everyone was going to go to hogsmead. Well, everyone except Harry and I. "No trip to Hogsmead huh?" Professer Lupin asked Harry "no sir. Sir, if you don't mind my asking why isn't Kat going on the trip?"

"It is complicated Harry."

"Lucy, you should get going. You don't want to miss the trip."

"I am not going."

Professor Lupin sighs "why not?"

"I told you if Kat can't go then I'm not going either. It wouldn't be fair."

I could tell that this was going to cause another argument between the two of them and so I decided to intervene. "Please Lucy, I need you to go so you can tell me all about it when you get back."

"But I shouldn't have to tell you about it. You should be allowed to go." Lucy argued and I sighed.

"Please don't make this harder on me then it has to be. Go. Have fun. Who knows, maybe while you are there you could find a way to bring Tom back." I replied. Finally Lucy nodded.

"Don't worry. Neither one of you are missing much of anything. In fact, I was rather disappointed in the village when I went my first time." Professer Remus informed us but I could tell that he was lying.

"Really?" Harry asked and I shook my head.

"No. I was just trying to make the both of you feel better." Professer Lupin replies. "The Honeydukes sweet shop is amazing. Anyhow, do you know why I stopped the two of you from
facing the Boggart the other day?"

"No. Why?"

"Naturally I thought that it would take the form of Lord Voldemort."

"Well he was who I thought of at first. But then I remembered that night on the train with the dementors. I heard a woman scream that night."

"Well, dementors take your worst memories and use them against you."

"So the scream I heard was... My mother's?" Harry asks and Professor Lupin nods.

"I heard someone screaming/ crying. It sounded like a little child." Professer Lupin nodded in understanding.

"There is an incantation that can stop a dementor but it's extremely complicated. I'm going to try and teach it to the two of you. "Expextro patronum. Now when you say it you need to think of a memory. A really strong and happy memory. You first Harry."

Harry misses and then it is my turn. I immediately think of the day that I met Mr. Lupin was Lucy. How Lucy promises to always be by my side and protect me. That I wasn't evil 🦹‍♀️ and that I did deserve friends and to be loved. "Expectro Patronum!" Instantly a white light filled the room and I saw it take the shapes of a lamb, a lion, a snake, a wolf, a dragon a unicorn and then ultimately turn into a Phoenix. Harry and Professer Lupin stood staring at me in amazement. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No. It's just no one has mastered that spell so quickly nor has anyone ever had a patronis take on the form of so many creatures. I shall have to discuss this with Dumbledore."

Later Lucy tells me that Hogsmead was quite boring for her so she returns early but with a gift. She holds up a small empty animal cage. I look over at Lucy in confusion. "Umm Lucy? Please don't take this the wrong way but what am I to do with an animal cage? I don't own any animals."

Lucy smiles at me and replies "One must always be prepared. Let's go visit Hagrid."

I eye Lucy warily but nod in agreement and follow Lucy to Hagrid's. "It's bout time. Thought they'd hatch without you." Hagrid states as we enter his hut. A few seconds later a small bird poked its head out of one of the eggs. It's feathers were red, black, green and a hint of gold.

"It's a Phoenix. It's magnificent.

"What are you going to name it Hagrid?"

"Well since she's yours I'd thought you'd like to name her."

My eyes go wide "mine?" Hagrid nods and I give him a great big hug.

"Don't thank me. It was Lucy who found them."

"I think I'll call her Maleficent. Wait did you say them?" Hagrid nods to reveal a second egg. Which starts to crack open out tumbles a very small snake. Hagrid picks it up by it's tail and it instantly begins making a cute crying sound.

"Why is it making that sound Hagrid?" Lucy asks.

"It's calling for it's mother." Hagrid replies.

Instinctively I walk over to Hagrid and snatch the baby from his hands with a frown and hiss at him. "Kat what's gotten into you? Why don't you give it back to Hagrid. He's not going to hurt the little thing." Lucy states but I pull the small creature closer to me and I let out low growl warning her to stay back. Lucy looks over at Hagrid in concern. "Why is she acting like this? Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all. Come on Kat, give Hagrid back the ummm." Lucy looks over at Hagrid for help.

"Basilisk." Hagrid states. Lucy looks over at Hagrid in confusion. "It's a baby basilisk." Hagrid replies and Lucy gulps.

"You mean like the creature that was in the chamber of secrets? That kind of creature?" Lucy asks in alarm. Hagrid nods his head.

"Umm Kat, you need to put it down now." Lucy says concern laced in her voice.

Again I growl in warning "No! Mine!"

At this Hagrid can't help but chuckle. "Hagrid this isn't funny. How are we going to get her to put the basilisk down?"

Again the small basilisk starts making crying noises and I stoke the back of it's head. "Shhh mummy's hear and I promise I won't let anyone hurt you little one."