Unwanted attention and an unlplesent encounter with the Malfoy family

Lucy POV continued

As we neared the book shop we saw a huge line. "Did you hear? Gilderoy Lockheart is here in the shop signing autographs." I heard a girl whisper excitedly. I rolled my eyes.

"What's the hold up?"

"Gilderoy Lockhart is here signing autographs." I reply rolling my eyes.

At this dad smiled "you don't seem caught up in the Lockheart craze. Is that because you have a special guy your interested in?"

Lucy shook her head "nope. I just don't like the guy."

"Understandable. He was an arrogant cocky little twerp when I was in school and he still is one." Dad replied causing Kat to giggle.

Upon seeing both Harry and Kat, Gilderoy smiles. If it isn't Harry Potter and Kathrina Dumbledore."

"Lupin. Her name is Katherina Lupin." Daddy replies.

"My mistake." Gilderoy replies flashing everyone a smile causing the girls and women in the crowd to swoon. "Both Harry and Miss Lupin will be going home with a free complete set of my books autographed of course. Smile for the camera."

"Bet you enjoyed that didn't you Potter? Can't even go to a bookstore without winding up on the front page." Draco sneers.

"Leave him alone! He didn't want any of this." Ginny Weasley states.

"Looks like Potter has himself a girlfriend. As for you mutt, I bet you enjoyed all that attention. I can't believe that Gilderoy thought you were Professer Dumbledore's daughter. The whole notion is preposterous. If it were true, then it's obvious that he's embarrassed to call you his daughter. After all, why else would you be enrolled under the Lupin name and not his?" Draco said with a smirk causing Kat to whimper and tears to start filling her eyes.

"Leave her alone Draco. She didn't ask to get invited up there." Henry states immediately regretting his decision to speak up.

"Don't tell me you have a crush on the mutt cousin?" Draco replies with a laugh.

Lucious frowns at his nephew. "We will discuss this later." Then turning to Harry and I, he lifts up the hair on Harry's head to get a view of the lighting bolt scar on his forehead. "Forgive me your scar is legend. As is the wizard who gave it to you." Luscious states.

"He was a murderer." Harry replies.

"Yes. It's a pity about your parents. It's curious that you yourself only wound up with a flesh wound. Curious too that You speak of him in the past. Surely you don't think that he who must not be named is gone forever do you?"

"His name is Voldemort." Several people gasp upon hearing him speak the name.

"You must be very brave or perhaps very foolish to speak his name out loud."

"Fear of the name only promotes fear of the thing itself." Harry replies.

"It's a mad house in here let's go outside." Mr. Weasley says walking over to where Harry and Kat stood.

"Well well if it isn't Arthur Weasley."

"Lucious."

"Busy times at the ministry. I do hope they are paying you overtime. But by the looks of it, I guess not." Lucious says as he pulls out an old hand me down book. "What's the use of being a disgrace to the name of wizards if they aren't even going to pay you well for it?" Lucious says with a sneer.

"We have a very different idea of what disgraces the name of wizard Lucious." Arthur replies and Kat sticks out her tongue at Lucious.

"Clearly. I mean look at the company you are keeping. Take your book back girl. It's the only thing your father can give you. Though I must admit, your not as bad off as the Lupin girls." He says as he glances at Lucy's small caldron which held her mother's old spell book. "I mean look at the condition of this. I'd have thought you'd have at least thrown it away. Even people like you should have some standards."

"Give that back. It belonged to my mother." I reply with a frown.

"Ahh yes. It was such a terrible thing that happened to your mother child. She was an exceptional wizard. It's too bad she had to go and waste her potential with someone like you Remus. She could have had so much better." Lucious replies with a sneer.

"Like who? You?" I asked with a scoff. "Tell me, have you ever stopped to ask why Grayback murdered your mother?" Lucious demanded as my eyes filled with tears. This wasn't a conversation that I wanted to have. Especially not with the likes of Draco and his cruel father. "The answer is obvious. Your mother is dead because of him." Lucious states pointing at dad.

"Your just jealous because my mother chose him over you." I replied grabbing a nearby mop. "Look at me I'm Lucious Malfoy. I lost the girl of my dreams despite having such long luxurious bouncy hair. My son and I think We are better then everyone. It's too bad my son is such a disappointment. Join me and my friends on the dark side if not for the sake of the wizarding world then because I have such great hair." I replied causing Kat to giggle.

"Why you filthy half-blood how dare you mock my father!" Malfoy states angrily.

Before I have a chance to respond my father sighs. "Lucy Rose Lupin I am ashamed of your behavior. This is not how I raised you. Apologize to Mr. Malfoy this instant."

"But..."

"Now Lucy." Dad said sternly.

I sighed and shifted my feet refusing to look that jerk in the eyes. "Sorry." I muttered.

"What was that? I don't think I heard you." Mr. Malfoy replies smirking 😏.

"Is that the time? We must be off." Hagrid said as he ushered us out the door towards the platform.

"I can't believe you made me apologize to them. It was so embarrassing. It was all in good fun and it was funny."

"Lucy, you know why I made you apologize don't you?"

"Not really."

"It was in memory of your mother. How do you think she would have reacted to your behavior? Do you think she would have tolerated it?"

At this I sigh. "No. She would have been disappointed and would have lectured me. She would have told me that I need to be the better person. That I shouldn't stoop their level. Then she would have made me apologize."

"So do you understand why I had to make you apologize?"

"Yes, but that doesn't mean that I have to like it. Why Lucious isn't locked up in Azkaban is beyond me. I mean everyone knows that he lied about only supporting You know who because of the imperious curse. He was and probably still is, a huge supporter of he who must not be named."

"While that may be true, challenging him openly in public is not the wisest of ideas. Though I must admit, I loved the look on his face when you said that your mother chose me over him. It was priceless. It's the first time in ages that I've seen him almost speechless." Dad said with a laugh. "Oh a more serious note, I want you to try and keep Kat away from that Malfoy boy. What he said earlier hurt her more then she's willing to admit."