Taking on a troll

As we headed up the stairs the stair changed on us and we found ourselves in an unfamiliar area. We aren't alone. Golden boy and his two friends are also with us. "Does anyone else feel like we shouldn't be here?" Harry asks in concern.

"We aren't supposed to be here. This is the third floor. It's forbidden." Hermione replies somewhat snobbishly. Suddenly we hear a meow and Filtch's cat Mrs. Norris comes around the corridor. We all take off running. Soon we are in front of a huge door.

"It's locked."

"That's it we are done for." Ron whines.

"Oh move over. Alohomora. Get in!"

"Alohomora?" Ron asks confused.

"Standard book of spells chapter seven." Hermiony replies. We quickly close the door just in time.

"He's gone."

"Probably thinks it's locked." Ron replies.

"It was locked." Hermiony replies.

"And with good reason." Harry whispers pointing to a sleeping three headed dog.

I look to see what Harry is pointing and frown in confusion. What was Fluffy doing in the castle? "Fluffy" I mouth to Lucy who nods looking as confused as I am. Fluffy begins to stir and yawn. "Guys I think we should be going." I reply knowing how grumpy Fluffy can be when waking from a nap.

Spotting us Fluffy immediately begins to growl at the group who slowly being to back away in fear. I on the other hand am not the slightest bit afraid of him. "Easy now. Down boy." I say calmly. Fluffy begins to listen until Ron opens his big fat mouth.

"Yeah like that's going to work." Ron says sarcastically. I groan in frustration.

After we are all out of the room safe and sound Ron complains. "What do they think they are doing keeping a thing like that locked up in a school?"

Lucy and I exchange knowing glances it was obvious that Fluffy was guarding something. "You don't use your eyes do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Hermiony replies.

"I wasn't looking at its feet. I was a little preoccupied with its heads. Or maybe you didn't notice but there were three!"

"Well duh. That's a hellhound they are known as Cerberus. They always have at least three heads. They make very good guard dogs." I reply as if I wasn't the slightest bit afraid of him. Which I wasn't.

"I still don't understand why it's in the castle." Ron replies.

"It was standing on a trap door. It's guarding something." Hermiony replies.

"Guarding something?" Harry replies in confusion.

"That's right now if you don't mind I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another cleaver idea to get us killed or worse expelled!" Hermiony replies shutting the door to her dorms.

Turning to Lucy I whisper "I wonder what Fluffy was guarding."

"I don't know but I don't intend to find out. You should just forget about it Katherina. By the way, did you take your potion?"

The next day in class Professor Flitwick was teaching us how to levitate and item. Hermiony, Lucy and I all get it on our first try. Ron and Henry try but it isn't working. "Your doing it wrong." I hear Lucy whisper to Henry. "Your pronouncing it wrong. It's pronounced Leviosa. Not leviosar." She whispers causing Malfoy to snicker.

"I can't believe your seeking advice from her. cousin. It's pathetic. In fact, it's down right embarrassing." Malfoy replies Henry frowns.

After class as we are turning Lucy to leave Henry pulls us aside "if I want your help I'll ask for it."