The truth about the past.

Lucy POV

I watch as dad and Sirius drag Pettigrew out of the hole. "Remus? Serious? My old friends." Pettigrew says as he tries to bolt for the door. I hear Kat giggle at Ron's completely shocked face. Pettigrew turns and faces Harry. "Harry look at you. You look so much like your father like James. We were the best of friends..."

"How dare you speak to Harry! How dare you talk about James in front of him!" Sirius snarls.

"You sold James and Lily to Voldemort didn't you." Dad demands.

"I didn't mean too. The dark Lord you have no idea the weapons he possesses. Ask yourself Sirius what would you have done? What would you have done?" Pettigrew demands.

"I'd have died! I'd have died rather then betray my friends!" Sirius replies angrily.

Pettigrew tried to bolt for the door once more but Harry has it blocked. "Harry, James wouldn't have wanted me to be killed. Your dad, your dad would have spared me. He would show me mercy." Pettigrew screams in terror as dad and Sirius pull Pettigrew away from Harry.

"You should have realized Peter, that if Voldemort didn't kill you, than we would. Together!" Dad states as both he and Sirius point their wants at him.

"No." Harry demands and my jaw drops to the floor.

"Harry this man is..." Dad starts to reply but Harry cuts his off.

"I know what he is. But we will take him to the castle."

"What!" I demand angrily. "You'd spare the life of the man who betrayed your parents? Why? Where was this compassion this mercy when you killed Tom?"

"That was different Lucy. Tom Riddle was evil. He had to be destroyed." At this I scoff but don't reply.

"Bless you boy bless you." Pettigrew says kissing Harry's feet.

"Get off! I said we'd take you to the castle after that the dementors can have you." Harry replies coldly. Pettigrew trembles in fear.

"Sorry about the leg. I recon that twinges a bit."

"A bit? You practically tore my leg off!" Ron whines.

"Well I was going for the rat. Normally I have a sweet disposition as a dog. In fact, more then once James suggested that I make the change permanent. The tail I could live with but the fleas, they are murder. That was a very noble thing you did back there. He doesn't deserve it." Sirius tells Harry.

"Well I just didn't think that my dad would want his two best friends to become killers. Besides, dead the truth dies with him. Alive your free."

A few minutes later, dad comes out of the cage with Pettigrew in tow. "You won't let them give me to the dementors will you? I was your pet. I was your rat. Cleaver girl you won't let them..." Pettigrew goes to plead with Hermione but dad pulls him away. Harry and Sirius talk in the background.

Suddenly Hermione calls to Harry and points towards the sky. "Oh no." I groan as I spot the full moon.

"Remus my old friend. Have you taken your potion tonight?" Sirius asks trying to hold dad back. "You know the man you truly are Remus! This heart is where you truly live. This heart here. Flesh is only flesh. Remus! Remus!" Sirius pleads with dad but I know it's useless. My father can't fight the transformation as he throws Sirius off of him.

"Let's go." The others suggest.

"Wait. Wait. Dad?"

"Bad idea. Bad idea. Bad idea." Ron whimpers.

"Dad? Daddy can you hear me?"

Dad whimpers but then responds by howling at the moon. Professor Snape exits the passageway and grabs ahold of Kat. "There You are Dumbledore." He says with scorn. He turns just in time to see my dad approaching us in attack mode. Instantly the Professer blocks us but I can see the fear in his eyes.

"Daddy please. Daddy it's me, it's Lucy. Your little wolf. Daddy I know your in there somewhere. Daddy please come back to me." Unfortunately, daddy doesn't recognize me in his werewolf form and lunges towards me with a snarl. To my surprise Kat steps out of the group and stands in front of my dad. "Kat don't. It's too dangerous!" I call to her but it's too late.

Dad stares at her and then snarls but Kat doesn't back down. Instead she walks right up to him and hits him on his nose. "Bad doggie!" Dad whimpers but then shakes his head and responds by attempting to scratch her. I let out a cry of anguish. Just as he's about to attack Kat again Sirius tackles him in his dog form and they proceed to fight long enough for us to escape. "Are you alright Kat?" I ask but she doesn't respond.

Kat POV

Knowing my reply will only cause Lucy to worry even more I don't respond. Instead, I rush after Harry who has followed Siris to a small lake area. I arrive just in time to see both Harry and Sirius being attacked by dementors and I can feel myself becoming increasingly angry. Especially when I see a small blue light start to come out of Sirius. The dementors have sucked out his soul. I scream the incantation that Professor Lupin had taught us and white light holds off the dementors momentarily. Drained of energy I can no longer fight them and the Dementors attack me as well. I can see flashbacks of a small child being punished. Just as I black out from the pain I see blinding white light. I wake in the hopaital wing to see Lucy looking at me in concern.

"Kat, they've captured Sirius. Any minute now they are going to preform the dementors kiss."

"They are going to kill him?"

"No it's worse. They are going to suck out his soul."

Just then the door to the hosptial wing are opened and Daddy walks in. "Headmaster you've got to stop them. They've got the wrong man." Lucy tells daddy.

"It's true sir. Sirius is innocent." Harry says and Ron then tries to explain about Pettigrew.

"The point is we know the truth. Please believe us." Lucy pleads.

"I do Miss Lupin but I'm sorry to say, that the word of eight 13 year olds will convince very little others. A child's voice however, honest and true is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen." Just then we hear the chiming of a clock and dads face darkens slightly. "Mysterious thing time. Powerful. And when meddled with dangerous. Sirius Black is in the top most cell in the dark tower. You know the laws Miss Lupin, Miss Granger. And you would do well I feel, to return before this last chime. If not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tonight more than one innocent life may be spared. Three turns should do it I think." With that dad turns and leaves. " oh and by the way, when in doubt I find retracing my steps is a wise place to begin. Good luck." Dad says with a smile. I look over at Lucy in confusion.

"What the bloody hell was that all about?" Ron asks in confusion. I look over at Lucy awaiting an explanation.