Unbreakable vows

Tom POV

"Hello Rose."

"Hello Tom. Shouldn't you be calling me
Mrs Lupin? I am after all, older then you."

"True, but I like referring to people by their first names. We need to talk about Lucy. I'm worried about her."

"As am I." Rose replies. "Are you sure there isn't a way to bring you back?"

"There are several ways to bring me back but they are dark magic and would cost Lucy her soul. The resurrection stone would wind up driving her insane and she might end up committing suicide."

"We can't let that happen. She has so much of her life ahead of her."

"Exactly. There is only one other way I can think of and I refuse to allow her to do it. I'm sure you've heard of it. It's called the life for a life curse?"

"Yes I've heard of it. It requires the person to drain someone entirely of their life force. Then transfer that life-force to the person they desire to have it." Rose replies.

"Lucy would have to murder someone in cold blood just to bring me back. That would destroy her soul. We can't let her do that."

"Your right. Can she use some of her own life force it bring you back?" Rose asks in concern.

"Yes but we can't let her do that. It's too risky. If she drains too much and she would die. If she drains too little and then the spell won't work. No for her own safety Lucy must never know if this option or the option of the resurrection stone."

"Agreed." Rose replies.

"Make the unbreakable vow Rose."

"How? We don't have a witness."

"Do we really need one?"

"I suppose not. Alright I'll do it. If it will keep Lucy safe I will make the unbreakable vow." Rose replies.

"Before we make this pact you must provide me with some leverage to use against you should you break your vow."

"What do you know about the day that I died?"

"Only what Lucy told me. That a werewolf named Grayback mauled you right in front of her."

"It's a bit more complicated then that."

"Oh do tell." I reply with a smile.

"I will make the unbreakable vow provided you do the same Tom. What I have revealed to you must never be shared with Lucy. It would break her heart and may very well destroy the relationship I have with her." Rose replies.

"Very well. Shall we?" After exchanging unbreakable vows Rose left and I waited patiently for Lucy.

Lucy POV

I found myself in that same meadow that I'd been dreaming about since Tom's death. "I see you got a cat and you named him Tom. I wouldn't have anything to do with that would I?"

At this I shove Tom playfully. "Actually he came with the name Tom. Dad mentioned something about him being named after a cat on a muggle television show."At this Tom frowned and I could hear a low growl emanate from his throat anger flashing in his eyes and I can't help but giggle. "Oh come on Tom don't be that way. You know that if I had named him I'd have named him after you. Tom is the cutest little thing ever. He does the most adorable things. Like earlier he spotted a piece of string and began batting at it until his claws got stuck. Oh and did I mention he loves to pounce on everyone and everything he sees."

"I'm glad that your happy." Tom replies with a sigh.

"Is something wrong?"

"It's nothing. Can we talk about something else please? Anything else? How's Katherina doing?"