The end of the first year.

"That's simply not true. I care deeply about you which is why I don't interact with you while you are here on school grounds." Dumbledore replies.

Another year gone and now as I understand it the house cup needs rewarding and the points stand thus in forth place Griffendor with 312 points, in third place Hufflepuff with 352 points, in second place Ravenclaw with 426 points and in first place Slytherin with 472 points."

At the the Slyrberin house starts cheering and I groan in frustration. "Yes, yes well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. I have a few last minute points to award. To Miss Hermione Granger for the use of cool intellect when others were in grave danger I award 50 points. Second to Mr. Ronald Weasley for the best played game of wizard chess..."

"Who me?" Ron mouths to us and we nod.

"That Hogwarts has seen these many years 50 points.

"Third to Mr. Harry Potter for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Griffendor house 60 points."

"We are tied with Slytherin." Hermione whispers.

"And finally it takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies but it takes even greater courage to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom."

I can't help but feel disappointed and hurt that Dumbledore didn't give me any recognition whatsoever. I try to fight back tears. "Excuse me" I whisper getting up and heading towards the bathroom. To my surprise, both Lucy and Annabelle follow me. "Katherina are you alright?" Lucy asked in concern.

"I don't understand why she upset. Griffendor just won the house cup and beat Slytherin. I'd have thought that she'd be happy." Annabelle says to Lucy.

"It's complicated Annabelle. Could you give us a moment alone?"

At this, Annabelle looks hurt. "I want you to know that I'm always here for either of you." With that she turns and leaves the bathroom.

"Katherina what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"It's not fair." I reply sniffling.

"What's not fair?"

"Dumbledore gave everyone from Griffendore involved in the past few days events points except me. What have I done wrong that he won't reward me for my actions? Doesn't he care that I could have died the other day? I'm the one who stopped Voldemort from obtaining the stone not Harry. So why is he giving Harry and his friends all the credit?"

"I am sure that you didn't do anything wrong. Perhaps you should ask him his reasoning for not mentioning you."

I can sense Dumbledore and Snape staring in my direction upon our return to the dining hall. "A word Miss Dumbledore."

"Yes Professor Snape?"

"You seemed upset during the announcement of the house cup are you alright?"

"I'm fine." I reply with a frown.

"You were clearly upset about something. What was it?" Professer Dumbledore asked walking up to us.

"Why didn't I receive any points? I helped protect the stone too. I was the one who remembered how to defeat the Devil's snare. Yet, you gave Hermione the credit. I was the one who kept the stone safe and yet, you gave Harry all the credit for that. I don't understand. Did I do something wrong?"

"No Katherina."

"Then why?"

Dumbledore sighed this wasn't a conversation he wanted to have with me. "Katherina please let it drop. We can discuss this later." Once all the other students had left and Dumbledore and I were alone he called me to his side. "I want you to know that I am extremely proud of you little one. You did exceedingly well for your first year."