Missing the train

Lucy POV

"I know. I promise I will do everything in my power to keep her safe."

"I know you will. I am so proud of you my little wolf. I want you to know that even though your mother is not with us that she is extremely proud of you as well."

"Thanks dad."

"I hate to admit it, but Draco was right, Dumbledore is embarrassed to call me his daughter."

Kat POV.

"Kat why would you think that Professor Dumbledore is embarrassed by you? Your an amazing person and a brilliant witch."

"He never wants to spend any time with me Lucy. He's always shuffling me off to someone else's home. He's never even said that he loves me. The only time I've ever heard him say it was when I was seriously injured and almost died. Even then, I doubt what that I heard right. After all I was delirious." I reply with a frown.

"You seem upset Kat. What's bothering you?" Mr. Remus asks in concern.

"As I was telling Lucy, what Draco said was true wasn't it?. That the idea of my being a Dumbledore is laughable. I'm not worthy to be his daughter."

"Don't listen to a word Draco has to say. He's an idiot. Besides, if he knew that it were true he'd never have said that." Mr. Remus replies . "In fact, I bet if he knew the truth he wouldn't ever tease you."

At this my eyes flashed in anger. "But he doesn't know does he and he never will. Why? Because Professor Dumbledore doesn't consider me his daughter he considers me a burden. He hates it when I call him daddy." I reply bitterly.

"Kat that's not true.... He cares deeply about you. You know that." Mr. Remus replies.

"Then why can't I go to school under my real name?" I asks as tears threaten to form once again.

"You know why." Mr. Remus replies and I sigh.

"Because he doesn't want students or staff to treat me differently.." I mutter quietly.

"And?" Me. Remus replies.

"So that the ministry has no reason to object to my going to Hogworts." I reply

"Exactly. Now come on we've got to hurry or you will miss the train."

Lucy POV

"I'm going to miss you." I say as I give him a huge hug.

"I'm going to miss you too little wolf. Try and stay out of trouble this year ok?" Dad says with a smile. "The last thing I need is to get another letter saying that you tangled with another troll." Dad says with a wink.

At this Lucy laughs "I'll try not to blow up any toilets."

"By the way, the same goes for you my little pup. Try and stay out of trouble this year will you?"

At this I giggle "I'll try, but I won't make any promises."

We reached the platform just in time I turned as I noticed that Kat wasn't behind us as the clock struck signaling that the train would be leaving in a few minutes. "Umm, dad where's Kat?"

Dad looked around in concern. "She was right behind us."

Katherina POV

As I tried to go through the barrier I ran straight into the wall and nothing happened. The muggle train master stared at me with a frown. "I slipped."

I said sheepishly and the old man shook his head before walking off muttering "kids these days."

I glanced over and to my surprised I saw Harry and Ron looking a bit confused as well. "What happened?"