Who is the heir of Slytherin?

"A squib is someone who comes from a magical family but has no magic of their own. That's why Filtch is trying to learn magic by the Kawikispell. It's also why he hates students so much. He is bitter."

"Harry, You said you first heard the voice in Lockhearts office?"

"Yes."

"Did he or Kat hear it?"

"He said that he didn't."

"Maybe he was lying." Ron replies.

"I highly doubt that someone with Lockheart's credentials would lie to one of his student Ronald. Besides if you recall we didn't hear it either." Hermiony replies.

"You do believe me don't you?" Harry asks and I nod.

"Of course it's just.... It's a bit weird isn't it? You hear a voice and then Miss Noris turns up petrified." Hermiony replies.

"I... I can't explain it. It was scary. Do you think I should have told them? Dumbledore and the others?"

"Are you mad?" Ron replies.

"No Harry. Even in the wizarding world hearing voices isn't a good sign."

"Katherina, you didn't happen to hear any strange voice while we were in Lockheart's office did you?" Harry asks.

I shifted nervously and glanced down at the floor. "I....Ummm."

"It's not that complicated of a question. Either you heard the voice or you didn't." Ron replies.

"I need to go. I have to go take my potion. I'll see you later." I reply rushing off.

The next day in Professer Macgonagall's class she is informing us of our lesson. "Today we will be turning animals into water goblets. Who shall go first? Mr. Weasley?" Ron tries and is able to turn his rat partially into a goblet. "That wand needs replacing Mr. Weasley." Hermiony raises her hand. "Yes Miss Granger?"

"I was wondering if you could tell us about the chamber of secrets?" Hermiony asks a hush falls over the entire class eagerly awaiting the Professor's response.

"My subject is transfigurations Miss Granger."

"Yes but there seems to be very little written about the chamber of secrets. For those of us with a personal interest in the subject this is well it's disturbing." Hermiony replies. Malfoy seems amused by Hermiony's question.

Professor Macgonagall doesn't reply for several minutes but then eventually nods. "Very well. You all know that Hogworts was founded over a thousand of years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age. Godrick Griffendor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. Three of the founders co-existed quite harmoniously. One did not."

"Thee guess who." Ron replies.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective of the students admitted to Hogworts. He believed that magic learning should be kept within all magic families. In other words purebloods. Unable to sway the others he decided to leave the school. According to legend Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle known as the chamber of secrets. Shortly before departing he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the chamber. And unleash the horror within by doing so purge the school of all those Slytherin deemed unworthy."

"Muggle-born and half-bloods." Hermiony replies.

"Yes. Naturally the school has been searched many times for such a chamber. It had never been found."

"Professor, what does the legend say lies within the chamber?" Hermiony asks.

The chamber is said to be home to something that the heir of Slytherin alone can control. It's said to be the home of a monster."