Meeting Lucy

Dumbledoor POV

After I rescued Katherina from that horrible institution, I found myself wondering what to do with her. She intrigued me, she reminded me so much of my little sister Ariana. I knew that I had to keep a close eye on her especially, if she was indeed Voldemort's daughter. Yet, was it really wise of me to raise her? I had many enemies, many of whom had sworn to murder anyone that I love. After weighing the pros and cons I decided raising Katherina as my own was a risk that I was willing to take. I'd have to make arrangements when I had business that would keep me away from her. After giving it some thought, I decided that maybe Katherina could stay with Remus Lupin when my duties required for my attention to be focused elsewhere. After all, he had a daughter just about Katherina's age. In fact, it might wise to have Remus raise her as his own...

"Excuse me..." Came Katherina's small timid voice.

"Yes little one?"

"What's you name?"

"My name is Professor Albus Dumbledoor little one."

"Powfessa me go back to dat pwace?"

"No little one. You are not going back to that institution."

"Pwofessa?"

"Yes little one?"

"Why was me at dat pwace?"

I sighed. I knew that this question would come up at some point or another. "That is complicated little one."

"De doctors say dat me famiwy didn't want me. Dat me am an unwanted and unwobed bwat and dat me is a monsta. Is dat twue?" (Translation: the doctors say that me family didn't want me. That I am an unwanted, and unloved little brat and I am a monster. Is that true?")

"No little one. Despite what people have told you, you are loved dearly."

"Wobed? Whats Lobe?"

"It means that you have someone who cares about you and would do anything for you."

"No one lobes me." Katherina replies sadly.

"That's not true, you are loved dearly. You are my daughter."

"If that twue, then why was me in that bad place?"

"It's complicated little one. Just know that, I will always love and protect you. Here drink this, it will help quell those fears." I replied giving her the potion that would give her amnesia, hold back the obscurus and hide the dark mark. It would could also have some unusual side effects, but it had to be done. I didn't want her to remember all the horror that she's been through. I had to do what I could to hold back creature that dwelled within her. Otherwise it would eventually kill her. Obsurous's hardly ever live very long. Not to mention, Obscurials often can't control their magic. Obscurials aren't born Obscurials but rather, due to trumatic experiences they turn their magic inward creating a very powerful creature.

My sister was an Obscurial. At the age of six, three muggle teenagers saw Ariana practicing magic. She was unable to control her magic no child that age can. The muggle teens saws the magic and became angry when she couldn't recreate what they had witnessed. In response to this, they called her a freak and they brutally attacked her. When my father discovered what had happened he attacked and killed the boys responsible. Knowing that the ministry of magic would send Ariana to a medical facility for life my father refused to explain his actions.

Anyway, it seems that this sweet child, was also and Obscurial. Obscurials don't often live very long because they can't control the magic inside of them. There has to be a way to control this creature so that it is unable to harm this sweet innocent child. I made a mental note to contact Newt Scamander and ask his advice on the best way to deal with the creature.