First Flying lesson

Once again it was mail time as we all sat at the dining hall table. Nevil received a package 📦 it was a small ball. "Oh I've seen one of those. It's a rememberall when the smoke turns red it means that you've forgotten something." We all watched curiously as the smoke appeared and turned red.

"The only problem is I can't remember what I've forgotten." Nevil said and we all smiled.

The next day was our very first flying lesson. "Good afternoon class."

"Good afternoon Madam Hooch." We all replied. "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of your broomstick. Come on now hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say up." To the teachers surprise Lucy, Harry and I's broomsticks all rose into our hands on the first try. Followed by Draco who smirked. After a few tries Ron's broom did rise but it hit him directly in the face causing Harry to giggle. "Now once you've gotten hold of your broom I want you to mount it and grip it tight. You don't want to slide off the end. When I blow my whistle I want you to kick off the ground hard lean forward and then touch back down. 3,2,1." Suddenly both Neville and rose off the ground and started going higher and higher. Mr. Longbottom. Mr. Longbottom come down this instant!" Since the teacher was focusing on Nevil she didn't notice Lucy had the same problem.

"Lucy what are you doing? Nows not the time to show off. Get down!" Henry called to her.

"I would if I could." Lucy replied under her breath as her broom headed straight for the owlery. After crashing through it she eventually lands in Hagrid's garden.

Upon hearing the crash Hagrid looks out his window to see Lucy laying in his garden. "Are you alright?" Lucy just groaned in reply. Then flys back to class undetected as everyone is still focusing on Neville. Who eventually falls off his broom and is caught on a statue.

"Help." He calls as his robe begins to rip and he then falls and catches himself on a torch holder before falling to the ground. While everyone's focus is on Neville Draco picks up Neville's rememberall.

"Is he alright?" I hear Hermione whisper. I roll my eyes at her question.

"Everyone back up." Madam Hooch says as she approaches Neville.

"Ow." Neville whimpers.

"Oh it's a broken wrist. Good boy now up you go." The teacher says as she helps Neville who is still whimpering up. "Everyone is to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say quidditch." With that she leads Neville towards the hospital.

"Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lard had given this a squeeze he'd have remembered to fall on his fat ass." Draco said tossing the rememberall in his hands as if it were a toy ball. I was just about it intervene when Harry steps up and glares at Draco.

"Give it here Malfoy!" Harry demands and I sigh. So much for Draco being nice. That didn't last long.

"No I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find." Draco replies getting on his broom. Draco circles the group as he replies. "How about on the roof. What's the matter Potter? A bit beyond your reach?" Draco mocks.

At this Harry starts to mound his broom. I go to do the same but my arm is grabbed by Lucy who shakes her head no at me. "So much for him changing. I knew it was just an act. Well I'm not going to let him get away with this Lucy. Someone has to teach that spoiled brat a lesson." I reply mounting my broom. Lucy groans and does a facepalm 🤦‍♀️ as I rise off the ground.

Meanwhile Hermione blocks Harry's path. "Harry no way! You heard what Madam Hooch said. Besides you don't even know how to fly." Harry ignores the advice and gets on his broom to chase after Draco. "What an idiot!"