Remus pushed us away Kat casts away her heart

Professor Lupin POV

"Dear Remus, I know that I said that Kat would be spending the summer with me however, I have been called before the Ministry of Magic. I am to explain how and why Sirius was able to escape under my watch. I don't know how long these proceedings will last or what the result will be. So I'm sending Kat to you as previously discussed." Albus Percious Dumbledore.

I heard the girls arrive home from Hogworts but I couldn't bring myself to greet them. Not after what happened on the hill that night. I had almost attacked my own daughter and I had attacked Katherina. In fact, I was fairly certain that I had scratched her. "Dad? Are you home? Huh. That's odd. Dad always greets us when we get back from Hogworts. I wonder where he is." I could hear Lucy telling Kat.

"You don't think he's in some kind of trouble do you?" Kat asked her voices filled with worry.

"I don't know. Dad had never not greeted me upon my return before. Kat I'm really worried. What if something happened to him?"

"Maybe he's in his office. You said that he gets busy and looses track of time sometimes." Kat replies and I sigh as I hear a knock on my office door. I really don't want to talk to them right now. Barely opening the door I say a quick hello.

"Hello girls, I'm glad that you've returned home safely. I am sorry that I wasn't there to greet you upon your return. I got caught up with work. In fact I have a lot of work still to do. So if you don't mind, please leave me to my work. I'll see you at dinner time. Go play dolls or something." With that he closes the door to his study leaving us stunned.

"Umm Lucy, what just happened?"

"I... I don't know. Maybe he's upset with us for some reason."

"Do you think we should try and talk to him again or just leave him alone?"

"We've got nothing to loose." Lucy replies knocking on Remus's office door once more. "Dad?"

"What is it girls? I told you I'm very busy. I don't have time to talk. Unless it's an emergency please leave me alone. Now I won't tell you again, go play in your room and stop bothering me." Remus says as he goes to close the office door.

"Not until you answer a question." Lucy replies. "Have we done or said something to upset you?"

"No of course not. I just have a lot of work to do and I don't have time for distractions. Now please leave me alone."

"Wait, please don't close the door. Please don't shut me out. Please just answer this one question and I promise we will leave you alone. Your pushing us away doesn't have anything to do with what happened on the hill the other night when you turned into a werewolf does it?" Lucy asks.

At this Remus pinches the bridge of his nose in irritation and let's out a frustrated sigh. "I don't want to discuss this with you right now. As I said, I'm quite busy now go away."

"Not until you answer Lucy's question."

"This doesn't concern you this is between my daughter and myself. You are nothing but trouble you know that? That's why Dumbledore never wants to spend any time with you. What happened that night is all your fault! If you hadn't been out of the castle, Lucy wouldn't have gotten hurt. If you hadn't messed with time, Dumbledore wouldn't be facing a trial which could get him sent to Azkaban. Which would mean that I'd be stuck with you. So forgive me, if I'm not being hospitable! I wish that I had never introduced you to Lucy. Your not even Dumbledore's daughter. Your just a kid that he felt sorry for and adopted. Now for the last time leave me
alone! You good for nothing little brat!"'

Lucy POV

I watched as Kat's eyes filled with tears and I could see the hurt and feelings of betrayal in her eyes. As she turned and rushed out of the house and into the woods I called after her. "Kat, Kat please wait! He doesn't meant it!" Lucy calls to me but the harshness of his words still ring in my head. "I can't believe that you just said that to her." I said turning to my father but he just shrugged.