Talking with Tom again

"Lucy are ok?"

"Yes it's just that I miss Tom. I haven't dreamt about him since we had that argument. I wish he'd come back. I have so much to tell him."

"I'm sure that he will come back Lucy. Just give him some time." I reply and Lucy nods sighing. I frown I hate seeing Lucy so sad. Perhaps it was time that I took things into my own hands. That night I decide that I am determined to speak with Tom. "Tom. Tom we need to talk."
Still receiving no answer I decide to try a different method. "Tom Molodovo Riddle Junior don't me make summon your father." Instantly Tom appears before me a furious look on his face. "Don't call me that! I am nothing like that filthy muggle and He wasn't my father he was just the sperm donor."

At this I giggle. "I know that. I also know that it was the only way to get you to appear."

"What do you want?" Tom grumbles.

"You need to return to Lucy. It's breaking her heart not seeing or talking to you. I can't stand to see her so sad."

"I'm sorry Kat,but that's something that I simply can not do."

"Can't or won't?" I reply when Tom doesn't reply, I sigh in frustration my eyes flashing in anger. "Tom your making me very angry and you know what happens when I get angry. It's not pretty. Now suck it up and go visit Lucy or I will make your afterlife a living hell!! Got it!" Tom gulps and then nods and I smile. "Good. I knew you'd see things my way. Now go on. Oh and Tom, I'll know if you don't visit her so don't try anything stupid."

Lucy POV

As I drifted off to sleep I sighed as I awoke in the meadow that I usually spent time talking to Tom with. I sighed dreaming about the meadow just wasn't the same without Tom there. "Lucy?"

"Tom? Is that you?"

"Yes Lucy. It's me."

"Where have you been?" I cry as I rush into his arms.

"I wanted to give you a chance to move on."

"I told you, if I can't have you, then I don't want to be with anyone at all."

"What about that Neville boy? I know that you fancy him." Tom says a hint of jealousy in his voice and gaze.

At this, I can't help but laugh slightly his jealousy is adorable. "Tom I'm only a third year student. I don't even know who, I am let alone what, I want. One thing that I do know is that I'm happier when your around. Promise me that you'll never leave me again."

"Lucy I..."

"Promise me Tom!"

"I can't Lucy. I know that you don't want to hear this but the truth is, that there will come a time when you will no longer desire me to visit your dreams. A time when you finally allow your heart to move on. When that happens, I will become nothing more then a distant memory."

"Listen Tom, I have my dad, Kat, Anna and Henry and yes Neville, and Professors that I'm close too such as Professor Flitwick and Professor Sprout. I love them all and I'd sacrifice my life for them if I had too. But I can't always talk to them without worrying about what they might think. I can't always communicate with them not the way that I can with you. When I'm with you, I feel I can say what's on my mind. Tom I do care about Neveille but not in the same way as I do you. Your the only one that I want to be with."

"And what if its not possible?"

"What if what's not possible?"

"Our being together again outside of your dreams then what?"

"Tom I've told you before, I'm not going to give up finding a way to bring you back. Even if there hasn't been any spells, charms or any magic that hasn't been made before that doesn't require black magic that doesn't mean I am going to give up. I guess I'm going to have to create it myself."

"That's what I love about you. You never know when to give up do you?"

"Nope. One of my favorite quotes is by Winston Churchill: never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about. So I'm never going to give up. Just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it's impossible. A lot of things seem impossible until they are done."

Tom sighs then nods. "I just want you to be happy Lucy. It hurts me to see how heartbroken you are over my death. I don't deserve your love. There are things about me that you don't know. Things that I've done. Lucy, I've done horrible things. Unforgivable things."

"Tom that doesn't matter now. All that matters is that you've changed. Your not the same person that you were before."

Kat POV

"I can't believe another school year has come and gone." Anna said with a sigh.

"I wonder if all of our years at Hogworts will be as exciting as these past few years."

"What do you mean?" Anna asks confused.

"Well, the first year we protected the philosophers stone. Last year we dealt with the chamber of secrets. This year we discovered the truth about my Uncle Sirius Black and rescued him from death. One has to wonder what next year will be like." Henry states with a smile.

"Katherina, Professor Dumbledore wishes to have a word with you." Professer Macgonagall says as she approaches the group.

"Ok. I'll see you later. Have a great summer." I reply waving goodbye to Anna and Henry.

"You wanted to see me Professer?"

"I know you were looking forward to spending the summer with Lucy however that won't be possible."

"Why?"

"Because we will be spending the time together."

"Really?" I ask my eyes lighting up with excitement. Professor Dumbledore nods and I can't help but give him a big hug. Instantly I pull away. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that."

"It's alright Kat. You don't need to apologize. In fact, if anything, I owe you one."

I look at him in confusion. "Why?"

"I've made you feel as if I don't care about you. That isn't true. I want you to know Kat that despite my being distant with you, I love you very much. I know that must seem confusing but I promise I will explain it one day. Just know that I stay distant from you not because I don't love you, but to keep you safe from those who would seek to harm you."

"Excuse me Professor, this just arrived for you." Thank you Mr. Filtch. As Professor Dumbledore read the note from the owl his gaze turned to that of both frustration and disappointment.

"I'm sorry Kat, but there's been a change of plans. I'm afraid that you will have to stay with the Lupin family after all." I sighed trying hard to hide my disappointment. "I will try to get this dealt with as quickly as possible."

"What happened? I thought you were going to spend the summer with Professor Dumbledore?" Lucy asks as I join her on the carriage.

"I don't want to talk about it." I replied glancing away from her so not to show my frustration and disappointment.