Lucy's first kiss and Tom says goodbye

"He won't change his mind Kat. He's not happy that you used me to try and change it. He even said that he was going to talk to Dumbledore about no longer being your guardian. I'm sorry Kat."

At this Kat's eyes filled with tears "its ok. I understand. Besides, I should be use to people not wanting me by now. No one does."

"Kat that's not true. It's not that he doesn't want to be your guardian. He's just frustrated because you've been the cause of several major arguments between him and I lately. We've never had arguments like this before and it bothers him. Give him time. He will change his mind."

"What if he doesn't? Your the closet thing I have to a real family and now, because of my stupidity, your dad doesn't want anything to do with me. I'll never have a loving family, and it's all my fault." Kat replies tearfully rushing out of the hospital before I can respond.

I frown and sigh in frustration. Did I do the right thing in telling her how dad felt? "Get some rest dear it will do you good." Madam Pomfrey says as she brings me a warm cup of milk.

"You seems troubled Lucy. What's on your mind?" Mom asks as she runs her hand through my hair.

"Dad and I had another argument about Kat. He said that he's going to talk to Dumbledore about no longer being Kat's guardian."

"And this upsets you?"

"Yes. She's my best friend mum, and dad and I are the only loving family she's known. If he takes that away from her it will break her heart.. I'm not sure I'll be able to forgive him if he hurts Kat like that. What am I too do?"

"Your father only wants to do what's best for you." My mom replies.

"I know mum. I just wish he knew that she's not doing this on purpose."

"Give him time. The truth is, that Your father has had a lot of heartbreak in his life. He's afraid of loosing you, like he did Serious."

"What do you mean?"

"It's complicated. You see it was suspected that there was a traitor in the order of the Phoenix. Someone who was leaking information to Voldemort from the inside. Sirius believed your father to be the spy because of Voldemort's relationship with werewolves. It tore their relationship apart. Even more so when Sirius was sent to Azkaban for murdering Peter Pettigrew's and assisting Voldemort in locating James and Lily Potter's hidden location. Your father didn't want to believe Sirius was capable of such a thing, but he was the secret keeper and James and Lily wound up being killed by Voldemort. He doesn't want to you loose you over a simple misunderstanding."

"That would never happen. I'll always be his little girl. I miss you so much mum."

"I know." Mum replies giving me a hug.

Not too far off in the distance I can see Tom frowning. A hint of jealousy flashing in his eyes. I can't help but smile. "Hi Tom, come join us."

"Hi." Tom grumbles.

"Tom is something wrong?" I ask in concern.

"No." Tom replies still pouting.

Crossing my arms and cocking an eyebrow at him I reply "Tom it doesn't take a master of legillmens to know that your lying. Now come on, tell me what's bothering you. Please?" I reply giving him my big puppy dog eyes.

"Fine. Why does she have to be here?" Tom grumbles quietly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. What's wrong?"

"What happened to your arm?" Tom says trying to avoid answering the question.

"Oh no. You are not going to get away with changing the subject, now tell me what's wrong?"

Tom sighs. "This is supposed to be our time together." Tom grumbles and I can't help but laugh. Which causes Tom to pout even more.

"Tom, are you jealous of my mum?"

"No. I just done see why she always here here lately." Tom grumbled.

I giggle turning to my mum. "Mum, can you give us a minute?"

Mum nods in understanding "of course sweetheart."

"Tom, you know I care about you, but sometimes a girl just needs to talk to their mum. I'm sorry if you felt left out."

Tom nods then points to my arm. "What happened?"

"Well, your probably not going to like it..." I reply my voice trailing off.

"Lucy..."

"Draco and his friends pushed me in front of a very angry hippogriff and I was scratched."

At this Tom's eyes flashed in anger. "I'm going to kill them!" He muttered under his breath. "I swear if and when I return, I am going to kick their butts!"

"On a non related subject, I was considering studying occulumency." I notice for a moment that Tom seems saddened by this news but then he smiles and nods.

"I think that's a good idea." Tom replies giving me a slight smile.

"Tom, what aren't you telling me?" I reply Tom shrugs.

"It's nothing."

"I know your not telling me something. What is it it? You know that I will never give up trying to find a way to bring you back to me. I don't care what it costs, I will find a way." To my surprise Tom leans over and gave me a kiss on the lips. As I pull back I can't help but blush.

"I am so sorry Lucy, I shouldn't have done that. I should go. I don't deserve to be loved by someone as sweet and innocent like you. Not after everything that I've done. Please do me a favor, find yourself a nice boy and forget about me. Don't try and bring me back. I don't want you too. Goodbye Lucy." Tom said giving me a quick peck on me cheeky before disappearing leaving me hurt, confused and heartbroken.

"Mum?" I call my voice trembling.

"Lucy what's the matter your crying. Did things not go well with Tom?"

"He kissed me."

Mum's eyes light in excitement "he did?"

"Yes but then he apologized and said that he shouldn't have kissed me. He said that he doesn't deserve to be loved especially by someone as sweet and innocent as me. Not after everything that he's done. He then told me that he wants me to move on and that he doesn't want me to try and bring him back. He said goodbye. However, before He disappeared he gave me quick kiss on my cheek. Did I do or say something wrong? Why doesn't he want to be with me?" I ask tearfully.

Mum pushes my hair out of my face and pulls me into her embrace. "Shhh. You didn't do anything wrong sweetheart. Men are complicated. They never really know what they want. Your father did the same thing with me when we were dating. When we started getting close, he pushed me away. He said he didn't want to see me get hurt. I'll try talking too him. Don't you worry, we will see things right." Mum replies.