The dream and turning back time

I just want to say a great big Thanks to JulieMcIntrye4 for inspiring this entire book and several aspects of this story. If it wasn't for their help I could never have written half of this book. I will be using some of the lyrics from Love will turn back the hands of time from Grease2 to describe how Lucy is feeling and what Tom tells her.

Lucy POV dream state

I opened my eyes to see a bright beautiful blue sky. I could feel the grass between my toes and fingers. I realize that I'm laying in the meadow that my mom always use to take me too when I was little. Tears fill my eyes as I think back in the events of today. How Harry had stabbed Tom's diary. As if by magic the diary appeared before me but it was unharmed. I picked it up and hugged it close as I cried. "I just can't believe you left me here alone. How in this world will I make it on my own?"

Then far off I hear is voice calling to me. "Remember, my sweet, I love so I'm never far away. All you have to do to see me is close your eyes and think about yesterday. And we will be there together. Love will turn back the hands of time." The closer I try to get to him the further away he seemed to get. "Lucy please don't cry."

"Tom? Tom Is that really you?" I whisper unable to believe what I am seeing.

"Yes. My sweet Lucy it's me and I'm not going anywhere." Tom replies with a smirk.

"But how? I saw you die." I reply sadly.

"The part of me that was preserved in the diary was destroyed."

"It's so hard to let you go."

"I know. You have to move on. You have to say goodbye. I'll be here in your dreams waiting for you. Just keep me in your heart and I'll remain alive." Tom replies.

"No matter how hard I try I can't. It hurts too much to say goodbye."

"Our love will survive even though we have to part. Death can't destroy love it can only postpone it for a while." Tom replies.

"It's so unfair. You didn't deserve to be taken from me."

"That doesn't matter now. All that matters is the time we had together. Know that I will always love you."

I promise you Tom, I'll make Harry pay for this. I don't know how but I swear I will."

"No Lucy, I don't want you consumed with revenge. What's happened is in the past. It doesn't matter now. All that matters is that I love you and your the only one who can keep our love alive."

"I will. I promise."

"The only way for you to do that is wake up my love. Remember, I love you Lucy. I'm never far away." With that Tom disappears once more leaving me in tears.

It wasn't fair. Harry had no right to take him from me. I sat up and glared at Harry as I saw him talking to Catrina. "Do you think she will ever wake up?"

"I don't know Harry. She had very strong connection with Tom. Who knows what breaking that connection has done to her."

"I didn't mean to hurt her. I didn't think..."

"That's right you didn't think!" Cat replies with a snarl her eyes flashing in anger and I can't help but smile. She's angry with Potter in fact, I can see the hatred in her eyes.

Clearing my throat, the two glance over in my direction. Seeing me awake Cat's eyes light up and she rushes over giving me a big hug. I don't return it my gaze focused on Harry. "What is he doing here?" I state coldly glaring at Harry.

"I... I just wanted to see, how you are doing." Harry replies nervously.

"Why would you care?" I reply bitterly.