Season 1 Chapter 10: A Shadow of His Former Self

Tucker in front of Caboose, in front of the blue base

Tucker: (on radio) Come in Blue Command. This is Blood Gulch Outpost Alpha. Do you read me?

Caboose: Okay, that is the last of it, your armor is clean now.

Tucker: Did you get all the black stuff off?

Blue Command: This is Blue Command, come in Blood Gulch Outpost Alpha.

Tucker: Hello! Command! We need help.

Blue Command: Roger that, Blood Gulch, what is your request?

Tucker: I don't know what the technical military term is for it, but uh, we're pretty fucked up down here. We need men!

Blue Command: ...Dude, how long have you guys been down there?

Tucker: No, no no, naw, it- not like that. we need more men to help us.

Blue Command: Roger that. Did you get the tank we sent?

Tucker: Yeah, that got blown up too.

Blue Command: Wow. Sucks to be you.

Tucker: Yeah, we know.

Blue Command: Okay, here's what I can do. The nearest blue forces can be there in sixteen days, or I-

Tucker: Sixteen days!? That's almost two weeks!

Blue Command: Or I can hire a nearby freelancer and get him there within a few hours.

Caboose: I like the 'in an hour' one.

Tucker: Yeah, me too. Roger that Command, we prefer the quicker solution.

Blue Command: 10-4 Blood Gulch, we will contact freelancer Tex, and have him there post-haste. Command out.

Tucker: Whoever he is, make sure he can fix a tank.

Caboose: What's a freelancer?

Tucker: Freelancers are independent, they're not red or blue. They're just guns for hire, who'll fight for whoever has the most money.

Caboose: Like a mercenary.

Tucker: Right. Or like your mom, when the rent's due.

Caboose: ...oh, that's funny.

Tucker: Yeah, you didn't think that was too obvious?

Caboose: No no, no no, that was, that was good.

Some soldier in white armor starts fading in in the background

Ghostly White Armor: (spooky voice) Tucker... Tuuuckerrr...

Tucker: Who the hell are you?

Ghostly White Armor: (spooky voice) I am the ghost of Chuuuurch... and I've come back with a waaarniiing...

Caboose: You're not Church... Church is blue. You're white.

Church: Rookie, shut up, man. I'm a freakin' ghost! Have you ever seen a blue ghost before?

Tucker: Yeah, that's definitely him.

Church: Now I gotta start all over again... (ahem) (spooky voice) Tucker... Tuuuckerrr... I've come back with a waaarniiing...

Tucker: Is it really necessary to do the voice?

Caboose: Yeah, it's kinda annoying.

Church: Fine. Okay, here's the deal. I've come back from the dead to give you a warning about Tex. Don't let -