1:1

The Cherry Kingdom was at an important gathering. A skilled assassin was earning his rightful place in the land. But this was no ordinary assassin, why, he was about to shape the history of the universe! He was by far a strange boy, but he was also the most trustworthy. I will never forget him. He was my greatest, and first friend.

* * * *

"I, ruler of the Cherry Kingdom, proclaim that this assassin is no longer a foolish boy, but a fierce and bold man!" I could hear my voice echoing around the city. I was aware of the boy's age. He was only 14 but he had the "expectations" of a man. So according to Law, he was a man.

"Thank you, m'lady," he replied politely. His voice was steady and strong, but he kept to himself a lot. He wore a midnight black outfit, more suitable for outlaws and ninjas. His nose, mouth, and lower half of his face was hidden by his suit. He had a scar over his right eye, and his eyes were pale gray, almost silver. He was quite a sight to see.

"You're welcome assassination man." I bent on one knee to hand him a silver cutlass. "Here is your sword."

The crowd quietly left, knowing that the ceremony was over.

J'Hero Bro took the sword and flipped it up in the air. He caught it with one hand, and then threw the sword right past my head!

I screamed and ducked! But I looked behind me and saw that he wasn't even aiming for me. His dagger had struck a lone ninja sneaking up behind me with a knife. "I owe you my life!" What an embarrassment to say this to a young man. "How can I ever repay you?"

The assassination man hid the sword underneath his belt. "It's just what I do." He jumped off of the tower, disappearing.

I was speechless. I stared down at where he disappeared and whispered, "Farewell noble knight."

Someone lightly tapped my shoulder. "I never left."

"AAAARRGGHH! YOU SCARED ME!" I whipped around to see the assassin.

"Sorry, m'lady." Guilt swept over his face.

"You're okay," I said quickly. I didn't want him to feel bad. "That was impressive."

"Thank you, m'lady."

"You're welcome, assassin."

But suddenly I was cut off by wails and screaming. "OH NO THEY ARE IN TROUBLE! ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!" I will admit that I was being slightly over dramatic.

J'Hero Bro began shooting blindly at the ninjas. Then he flipped and jumped at an approaching outlaw and immediately stabbed him.

An outlaw jumped out in front of me! His teeth were brown and yellow, and his eyes were swollen shut. "WATCH OUT!"

The assassin threw a knife, and the ninja collapsed. But several dozen men have already surrounded us.

"ASSASSINATION MAN! NO!" Because of the war, this must be an attack. This is a battle!

But J'Hero Bro stared at me, and seconds later he threw himself at me, grabbing me by my arms. Dodging a sword, he threw a smoke bomb. All I could see was blackness until I could see... More blackness. It appeared to be a small cave.

J'Hero Bro had let go of my hand and had gotten up.

But I was too amazed to follow him. "THAT WAS AWESOME!"

He looked at me, a questioning expression plastered on his face. He seemed protective, or he was hiding something from me. "I cannot die, m'lady.

"Wait- you can't die? Are you immortal?"