The Laser Pointer Of Penny Saving-ness

Start from the beginning

Emma screamed.

You threw yourself into the kitchen, and grabbed the biggest bowl there. You cranked the tap up to full on cold, and ran back to the living room as soon as the bowl was full, not bothering to turn off the tap.

You dumped the water on the fire.

Thankfully, it went out.

You looked around to check anyone for burns, and noticed the lack of one person.

"Ozzy?"

You called.

Shit, if he burned up-

"I'm right here."

Ozzy muttered.

You looked around.

And then down.

And then up.

Where Ozzy was hiding on the shelf above the couch.

Does this boy weigh nothing?

He climbed down with surprising deftness, and landed next to you.

"Alright. Now that I can see the wires I can try to figure out what happened to... her."

Monty said.

He rolled over, and leaned out of the chair as far as he could to look inside her.

It looked like there were hundreds of wires.

Monty adjusted his glasses.

"Well, the problem seems to be evident."

He said, almost immediately. 

You perked up.

"Her chip fried.....and the circuit breaker seemed to have overloaded."

Monty said, sounding confused.

"It's an extremely advanced circuit breaker. The kind that costs thousands of dollars."

He continued. You gave him a confused look.

"So?"

Monty laughed a little.

"The kind that never overload."

He explained.

"Since Penny is an android that speaks and moves of at least partially her own accord, she's very advanced. With a weaker circuit breaker, she'd be overloading all the time, with all the conflicting messages her processor gets in a day."

You nodded, but all that you really understood was the fact that Penny's expensive robot parts aren't supposed to overload, but they did, and Monty was confused, which meant all of you were confused.

"So how do we fix the circuit thingie?"

Kid asked.

Monty groaned.

"Hey, I'm not one of the brains in smart class. I'm in the class for people that weren't born with an extra brain in one hand, and a textbook in the other."

Kid snapped.

"Hey, I'm not 100% sure how I'm in the smart class."

You admitted.

Kid shrugged.

"If you get kicked out, you can hang out with Me, in dumb class."

You poked him.

"Woah, rude. Not dumb class."

Ozzy interjected.

"I have no idea what is happening."