~𝑇𝑜 𝐷𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑎𝑛~

To Damian

You were like a brother to me, you reminded me so much of Jax. You were very energetic, you always had a smile on your face and you loved making people laugh and smile... just like Jax.

You were there for me when Felicity left, you were there to help me through the bullshit that came my way. You stuck by my side, and you didn't leave... not for a while at least.

I'm sorry my heart was so fucking stupid to follow her... I know you were just trying to protect me, you didn't want me hurt more than I already was.

But by trying to protect me, you hurt me even more. It really does hurt when your best friend, the person you call a brother, thinks your as pathetic and stupid as everyone else says.

I get that you didn't mean to hurt me... not like that at least. But knowing you thought that? That killed me even more than a bullet ever could. I felt empty, I felt alone and I was scared... I was battling so many things and you were always there to help me, to calm me down... but when you left, I was alone... I had no one... just my monsters.

I felt different without you, I felt like I could count on no one... not even my mother. So I changed, I didn't want to feel anything, so I drank, I smoked and I ended up hurting myself far more often than I should have. I'm sure you noticed me get paler.

I'm not angry at you... I just wish you could have told me the truth sooner... saved me from having my hopes put up just to come smashing down.

~Cooper