~"You're my best friend."~

After spending another hour at the cemetery, ranting to my brother and dad, I decided to head home. I put my headphones in and decided to listen to some music. I hummed along to the songs, letting them drown out every other sound as I walked home.

As I was walking home, my phone buzzed. I pulled it out of my pocket, unlocking it.

Fuck you

Fuck you. I sent back, I wouldn't let Zeke get the best of me. I won't let him get to me. I told myself, I shut off my phone before sliding it back into my pocket.

I pulled my headphones out as I walked up the driveway, stopping my music and putting my headphones away. I opened the front door, making my way inside. Everyone, minus Xavier, was sitting in the living room.

I went in, sitting down in front of the fire, letting it's scorching flames warm me up. Mom looked over at me before turning her attention back to the TV.

I pulled out my phone as I heard it ringing, I checked the ID, Damian. "Ello mate! How you doin?" I said in a shit British accent, I heard Damian sigh on the other end. "Can I come over for the next... few hours please?"

"Uh... yeah... why though?"

"Well, my dearest sister has invited Zeke over. And my parents just so happen to be out, I'd rather not sit here and listen to those two fuck, my sister sounds like a fucking dying pig." Damian said, I shuddered as I faked a gag. "You have just put that mental image in my head now... I hate you."

"You love me! So can I please come over?"

"Yeah, we can just hang in my room or something." I said, mom looked at me weirdly but I ignored it. "Great! Because I'm already here." Just then, the doorbell rang, I let out a laugh as I stood up and walked over.

Damian was standing outside, a boyish smile on his face. "Hi!" He shouted at me, my eyes widened slightly as I let out a laugh. "Dude... are you okay?"

"I may have had like... seven cans of Mountain Dew and now I feel really fucking hyper." Damian said with a laugh, I shook my head. "I thought you'd come over to avoid your sister... I was not expecting to have to baby sit you..."

"Hey! I'm no child! I'm just a growing teen who get carried away and drunk to much Mountain Dew." He said as he walked past me, heading into my room. "Oh yes, please do just walk right past me without being invited in!" I said sarcastically, Damian turned back to me with a smirk. "Well, you did say I could come over... I'll meet you up there!" He said before turning around and racing upstairs. "How did I get stuck with you..." I muttered, I heard him let out a chuckle. "I'm fabulous darling! You aren't stuck, you're blessed!" He said I'm a feminine voice, causing me to laugh as I made my way upstairs.

I went into my bedroom, Damian being... well Damian, was jumping on my bed. "So, what do you want to do?"

"Can we please do a movie marathon?!"

"What movie?"

"The Hobbit!" Damian shouted, a smile grew over my face. "I thought you'd pick some shit movie, good choice!"

~~

"Legolas is one hundred percent my favourite, no one can top him." I said, Damian scoffed, causing me to glare at him. "Come on! You can't tell me you didn't have a crush on Gollum! God! What a SEXY beast!!" Damian shouted, I burst out laughing at that.

"Hey!! Don't you dare laugh at my baby!! Gollum is a sexy beast who goes unseen by all because they are either fanning over Legolas or fucking Thorin! Or even Kili! No one appreciates my baby!!" Damian whined, pretending to sob.

I was rolling around, practically dying at my friends' stupidity. "For real though, who's your favourite character? Who would you smash if you were a girl?" I asked him, he looked up at the screen, taking his time as he thought. "Ooh... definitely Kili, he was pretty cute." Damian said.

"Yeah, I can kinda agree but dude, Legolas all the way."

"I'd screw Kili even if I weren't a girl." Damian muttered, my eyes widened slightly. I'm guessing he didn't mean for me to hear it because he tried to cover it up. "D-did I say that? I-I-I- it was a joke! I was o-only kidding-"

"Damian!" I shouted, he went quiet and avoided my gaze, his cheeks going red. I walked over to him, crouching down in front of him. "Hey, I wouldn't hate you if you're gay... are you?" Damian sat quietly, fiddling with his fingers. "You wouldn't hate me if I were gay?" He asked shyly, I nodded in agreement. "I wouldn't hate you. I couldn't hate you, you're my best friend." I said, Damian gave me a small smile.

"Yeah... I uh, I am gay... I found out last year when I accidentally got shoved into the boys locker room after the older kids had done football practice." He said, a blush forming on his cheeks. I let out a small chuckle, putting my hand on Damian's shoulder. "That's perfectly fine dude, you could be gay, straight, bi, I don't care. You're still my best friend in the end, you're still the same quirky, happy and mischievous Damian I've come to know. You're practically my brother." I said.

Damian looked down as he sniffled, he looked back up and he had tears in his eyes. "That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, ever. You're my best friend too... you're also my brother since I'd rather not have Stacey as a sister." Damian said, causing us both to laugh. "Come on, I feel like some ice cream, I'm sure you want some too."

Damian nodded his head, we made our way downstairs. "Hey, do we have any ice cream?" I asked, Harrison nodded his head, pointing to the main freezer in the kitchen. Damian and I walked into the kitchen, I opened the freezer and showed him the different flavours. "What one?"

"Can I have the rum and raisin?" He asked, I heard someone cough in the living room. "I beg your pardon?" Harrison said, walking into the kitchen and looking at Damian. Damian looked back at me before turning back to Harrison. "What?" Damian asked. "Rum and raisin... it has alcohol in it!"

"So? I've had a bit of rum before, mum uses it in one of her best dinners! My god does it taste good!" Damian said, getting a bit carried away. "Dude!" I shouted, Damian looked at me. "What?" I couldn't help but laugh, I grabbed the rum and raisin, handing it to him before getting myself some chocolate.

We made our way back upstairs to my room, we started to eat the ice cream as we joked about the movie. Then a question came to my mind. "Wait... so... who else knows aside from me?" Damian's smile kind of fell, he shook his head as he spoke.

"Just you."