Chapter 54: Feed Her Marshmallows

S C A R

"Honestly, what the hell are you guys doin- oh, wow. What's happening here?" Max comes out yelling, but stops when he sees me.

I really don't care about addressing anyone right now. But I'll have to, of course, to atleast apologize for the damage caused by Heath and I because we were stupid enough to trust the wrong people.

I should have known. I've been here for years, and caring has never worked out for anyone. Even my shitbag of a father, had given me the only good advice I'd ever received, stay away from people and don't care.

After living here, I thought I was wrong. That things could be different. And now I've just made a mess, as clearly depicted by the never ending stream of tears running down my face, taking any track of that thought far away from me.

I look down at the girl holding me, who looks at me puzzled. What the fuck did I do? Her anxiety attack never would've even happened if it weren't for Jenny and Dave.

How do I say I'm sorry? Hey Juliet, I'm sorry that the girl I was falling in love with turned out to be working for the other side?

J runs her palm up and down my back, in an attempt to calm me down. How the hell am I supposed to calm down? My rapid heart beat seems to go in the other direction.

Axel comes down the stairs and into the living room, oh great, let's just invite everyone now.

I blink the tears away as the bell rings aggressively. Knowing I don't particularly want to be stared at right now, Ax respectfully goes to the door, opening it.

Something in me sets off when I hear her voice again. To think, that an hour ago, that's all I wanted to hear and now I can't stand it.

"Is that Jenny?" J asks me and I nod.

"J, I'm sorry," I tell her hopelessly.

Her eyebrows furrow. "Scar, I-"

"Can I please just talk to you?" Jenny barges in, Dave hot on her heels.

"No I think we talked enough," I deadpan. "Get out of my house."

"Scar, you have to understand. We were on the streets. We had to take this job if we wanted to live," Dave says calmly.

"What job?" Max asks, puzzled.

"They're informers, for Henchmen. My dad's henchmen," I state flatly.

Jenny starts to cry again, uncharacteristically. "I'm sorry, but outside, you said you understood and-"

"You were living on the streets, of course I understand why you had to take this job. But I was honest with you, clearly when I shouldn't have been. I thought we were honest with each other. Guess not," I cross my arms, trying to keep any emotion out of my voice. Since when do I have to try?

"Guys, honestly, what's going on here, don't be so loud- Dave, what are you doing here?" Heath and Mase come out, the latter silently eating ice cream.

"Heath, can we please just talk alone?" Dave pleads, trying to block me from my brother's view.

"What on Earth makes you think I'll let you talk to him alone?" I remark rudely.