Chapter 21: The Freakiest In Bed

S C A R

"Maybe I should go home. Check up on Juliet, I swear she never answers her calls." I complain to Heath who shakes his head.

"It's so weird seeing you like this. Giving a shit." He teases.

"I don't. What makes you think I give a shit?" I lie.

He snorts. "Okay."

"What's with you and the Dave guy?" I change the subject.

"He hasn't come out to his sister yet. He doesn't know why, because he knows she'll be happy for him. He's a year older than her, they were sent to a foster home when he was 14. Now he's 18, and her guardian. Also, I think he's super hot. Like when he smiles, there's this crinkle near his eyes, so cute. And his voice and height, oof. He's so mature." He begins.

Jenny was in a foster home?

I laugh. "You got all this in 2 hours?"

"When you connect, you connect."

"He seems really quiet." I remark.

"Hey, you know what they say about the quiet ones, they're the freakiest in bed."

I think about it for a second. "That is true."

He breaks into a lopsided grin. "Tell me about it."

"Yeah yeah, go enjoy." I tease loudly as he walks away.

"You bet your ass I will." He runs.

My twin was an idiot. What's new?

***

"Hey, is she good?" Jenny asks.

"Yeah." Why does she care? She doesn't even know Juliet.

She seems to catch on to what I'm thinking.

"She seems like a great person. It'd suck if she died." She jokes.

Right. Died. I had a plan for the whole her dying thing. I wasn't too sure if she was going to like it.

"She's fine. It's just, we get worried about her." I admit.

"Why? Has something happened before? Her mom's car crash is pretty uh, famous around here." She says cautiously, sitting on a stool next to my booth.

"Yeah, well she's had a few accidents of her own." I take a swig of the coffee I picked up on the way, offering her one I got for her.

What? It's a way of saying thank you for taking care of this stupid as shit booth.

On the plus side, we earned like 200 dollars. And all I had to do was watch people lose their dignity trying to get a ring around a bottle. Fun.

"Alright, I'm heading home now." She gets up.

"Already?" I ask.

"Might as well get started on those assignments."

I snort. "No one does those."