Chapter 53: I'm Obviously Not Complaining Now

"They say that to make her fall in love, I have to make her laugh. But each time she laughs, I'm the one who falls in love."

S C A R

As I'm filling my glass of water in the kitchen, Jenny comes in.

"Hey," she smiles.

"Hi."

"What's wrong?"

When did we reach this point? This point where we were so transparent to each other? To the point where I knew her heart like the back of my hand.

"Nothing's wrong."

She tilts her head, giving me a no-bullshit look. She scrutinizes me for a moment, ultimately sighing.

"I know it must make you uncomfortable to see me with Archer, considering he was my first time and all. But there's honestly nothing between us, we're friends."

I scoff. "Does he know that?"

She rolls her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I really am. I'm happy for you, all of this is just new territory for me, I don't recall ever feeling jealous over someone," I admit.

"I didn't know you got jealous," she smirks as I glare back. "It's cute."

I scoff.

"You're still the one I want to watch movies with. And the one I'm willing to tolerate even though you like strawberries," her eyes come to life as she laughs.

"If anything, I'm tolerating someone who can't appreciate strawberries and all their goodness."

She just pokes her tongue out at me, leaning in to place a quick kiss on my lips.

"Come out with us," she says, her lips a bare inch away from mine, dragging me out of the kitchen with her as I protest but she makes me quiet by kissing me again.

What? I'm obviously not complaining now.

Heath smirks upon seeing me and something on Archer's face changes.

"Well, look who's finally out of the kitchen?" J laughs, Cam's arm draped over her.

I flash her my middle finger.

Last time she laughed like this was when I gifted her a signed copy of The Fault In Our Stars a few hours ago.

And there was even more tension between J and Ax, so I obviously needed the gossip.

Jenny spends the whole night with my arms around her, laughing with her friends and telling me stories of when she was little.

And all I can think of is how goddamn lucky I am right now and how scarily fast I'm falling for her.

***

Can I just say I was glad when Archer and Cam left. Sure, J got a little choked up when Cam was leaving, but he promised he'll come back to visit her soon and that he'll bring Archer along.