Chapter 34: Joshua

Play the song: Destiny by Neffex when it's said so

Nobody's POV

In the streets of Magnolia wandered a young maiden, her silky black hair waved behind her as she slowly reached the guild hall of Fairy Tail. Her eyes darted around the full streets and stopped, she looked to her left where there was a café, 'Nishimia's Cafe' was the name, she wondered if she could buy some cookies before going to the guildhall. She then wandered in and opened the glass door; the bell above the door rang telling everyone that there's someone entering the café. The black haired maiden glanced at the waiters that walked. She walked and sat down at the left side of the small café, and then saw someone she knew for almost a century, a silver haired girl with pale green eyes walked towards the black haired maiden. She wore a black dress with a white apron over it and her silver hair was in a high pony tail, a small braid was on the left side of her bangs. She gave the lady a welcoming smile. When her eyes fell on the raven haired lady her eyes widen and her smile dropped.

"Deanah," she said, her thick British accent, "milady w-what can I get for you today?" she was a stammering mess.

Deanah looked up seeing the silver haired girl beside her, and she flashed the waiter a toothy grin – a sincere one. She said to herself that if she would be a bit nicer to her former Regalia she could be a good host for her future vessel. She was trying, but the thought of what happened to Violet about three hours before made her grimace.

"Yushinke," she smiled, "how are you?" she said softly, her voice was soft and caring; she didn't have any annoyed of any trace of a negative emotion.

Yushinke stood there with a confused expression she had never seen her smiling like that in all her life, what has changed her, she thought, more like who. She then gave Deanah a half hearted smile and then asked if she wanted something from that day's menu.

Deanah looked at the menu and said, "I want a pack of six chocolate chip cookies and tea – jasmine tea if that's possible," she said keeping her eyes on the menu, her elegant accent that always was present when she was in the human realm, "take out dear." She flashed a smile and Yushinke smiled and went behind the counter and continued her work.

Deanah turned her head looking outside the café seeing the busy streets of the small city of magnolia where she ones lived in, where she will be leaving soon, the city where she was reborn. She saw people smiling and laughing, fighting and bickering, running or walking, there were hundreds of people walking happily busy with their lives. But in those eyes she could see that something was odd, she could feel that in the atmosphere of the joyful city, it had a dark aura lingering in the jolly aura. She was going to ask Yushinke when she brings her take out later on so she could continue her path to the guildhall.

Just like it was a cue, Yushinke stalked there and placed a brown paper bag with the logo of the café and a plastic cup of tea, she smiled and said, "It cost 180 jewels, ma'am." (N/A like dollars? Or how does the jewels in fairy tail word actually?)

The raven head pulls out from her leather bag the money and ninety-nine jewels for tip. It was unusual to give a waiter that much tip, but well she wanted to give her that. She wanted to be a nice person for ones. Well she was training to be a better host. Better than the past her and past vessel the one before Layla – rest in peace – that's why she was doing trying to be better.

She tried, she then beamed Yushinke a grin and handed her the money and the tip. She thanked Yushinke and left the café holding her cookies and tea. She walked down the streets of magnolia with a small smile as she wandered, her black dress waved behind her, her heals clicked on the stone ground. She looked at the children that just finished their school activities. As she saw the kids around Hayato's age she frowned, her mind traveled to the young boy that had never been to a normal school. His sister however could go there – there was a possibility that Mei would. Hayato was the heir to his father's thrown, so Mei could go.