Chapter Fourteen - Secrets

( Don't own the picture)

It had been a couple of days since what happened with Jack and nightmares, Elsa had taken to her paperwork and trying to keep the council under control, yes Frederick had told them about the young Queen kissing a random boy she was having stay as a guest. Anna had been giving her the look she always gave when she knew something was up, and Elsa had been avoiding her for days trying to keep busy with everything that came her way. She was currently stood at the window of her study looking out as she saw the children play around in the sunshine, when the door opened wide and revealed Anna wearing her summer green dress.

Anna walked over to her sister who had turned around to face her, she sat on the edge of the desk looking at her big sister while she plucked up the courage to ask her what was going on. She had noticed how Elsa and Jack hadn't been talking and that they seemed sad without each other's company, not only that but she had noticed how Elsa had been wearing her old cotton gloves that she used to wear before she knew about her powers.

Anna" Elsa?" she broke the silence.

Elsa" Mmm?"

Anna" What's going on? "

Elsa" What do you mean?"

Anna" Well... you and Jack haven't been speaking for a couple of days and I've noticed that your wearing your gloves again"

Elsa" yeahh... I know we haven't... I just can't face him I messed up and as for the gloves I just feel better if I wear the for now on"

Anna" You had an argument why don't you just talk it out? Elsa I'm worried you've been in this study for days avoiding everyone"

Elsa" I can't talk to him I messed up badly okay.... he thinks I regret kissing him and now he hates me, and I don't care if I'm locked up in here for the best"

Anna" And do you?"

Elsa" No! I didn't and yes I was afraid of the council finding out about the two of us but, now its just made me realise how much I don't care what they think."

Anna" Then tell him that tell him how you feel"

Elsa" I can't"

Anna" Why not?"

Elsa" Its just better if he keeps away from me"

Anna" I don't understand why"

Elsa" Just drop it Anna"

Anna" No why are you being like all of a sudden? Don't shut me out don't shut anyone out not again"

Elsa" it's none of your concern, just leave me be"

Anna" Fine! If you want to be like this again then be like it!" Anna gets up from the desk and rushes back towards the door she twists the handle and pulls it opening feeling the tears trying to escape her eyes.

She couldn't believe Elsa was being like this after everything they had gone through together, she thought Elsa had learnt to trust her by now, but she felt like something more was going on than she was leading on, she felt it in her body that Elsa was hiding something. She didn't understand why her big sister had suddenly had a change of heart by wearing the gloves she never needed anymore, it just made her think something had happened. She headed for the kitchen where the others were waiting for her to return. She swept through the door and saw Kristoff and Jack sat at the table with frowns on their faces Jack had his arms folded like a little boy.

Kristoff" Any luck?" but he saw the tears prickling back in her eyes and immediately shot up from his seat and wrapped his arms around her body.

Kristoff" What happened?"

Anna" She just shut me out..." she said tears staining her cheeks.

Kristoff" But why? Why would she do that when she's learnt to tell you everything"

Anna" I don't know I asked her why she and Jack weren't speaking, she said she made a mess of everything and then I realised she was wearing her gloves...."

Jack" Wait... she was wearing her gloves?" he perked up knowing something was wrong straight away when hearing how Elsa was wearing her gloves.

Anna" Yeah she wouldn't tell me why...but...I noticed she looked really scared"

Jack" I'll be back" he gets up and runs out the room.

He twists the door handle once getting to the study room, he goes inside when he sees Elsa hugging her knees surrounded by ice spreading up the walls, he takes a step further into the room closing the door behind him Elsa looks up seeing Jack coming closer towards her. She moves back more against the wall fearing that Jack will get hurt more by her actions.

Elsa" You should leave..."

Jack" Elsa......"

Elsa" Please just leave..."

Jack crouched down by her knowing that there is something going on with her even if she doesn't want to tell anyone.

Jack" Why are you wearing your gloves?"

She doesn't answer instead she just looks to the floor pulling the thread on one of the gloves with the other hand that's free, Jack moves closer to touch her hand and she flinches away quickly knowing that Jack will notice her sudden movement straight away.

Elsa" You should go" she says in a sharp tone.

Jack" Elsa..."

Elsa" Just leave!"

Jack gets up and takes his staff off the floor, tuning the handle as he walks back out the door and leaves the room knowing he hated seeing Elsa like this. He sees the door down the hallways which leads to outside. Once he stepped outside, he called the wind telling it to take him to the North pole were North and the other would be after leaving the other day. Who knows maybe they could tell him why Elsa was acting this way all of a sudden? But something deep inside of him told him there was something bad coming.....