Chapter Seventy Eight- Hope

Elsa sat at the bay window of her old room looking out into the night without hesitation, after they had gotten back, they both had parted ways and decided to call it a night for some rest. However, elsa couldn't help but shake a feeling deep in her gut that something was happening right before her eyes and not knowing it. As she sat and thought of the endless possibilities there was only one solution that she could think of, what if something had happened to Jack while being in that tower? What if somehow Pitch had gotten to him and done something to him while they had headed back from the woods? She carried her feet as fast as they could carry along with clutching onto her belly as she furiously rushed down the hallways and to the tower. She ran up towards the stairs and stopped at the open doorway pausing for a moment while catching her breath. She heard the nosies of rattling chains run across the floor with no hesitation, her heart pounded with anticipation wondering if she was going to step into. And as her feet carried her into the room the click of her heels scrapped across the floor and when she stopped once again, there he stood staring back at her with those big blue hourglasses that held such sadness within them......

Jack "Snowflake?" He asked her softly.

Elsa "Jack? Is it really you?" She stepped closer.

Jack "Yes...." He nodded.

Elsa "How do I know this is not another trick?"

Jack "You can trust Manny" he said looking out the not so window where the moon shone in brightly.

He finally broke free Elsa....

Elsa kept her distance from her husband, she wasn't willing to fall for another trick although with Manny speaking to her she knew he was telling her the truth.

Elsa "How?" She questioned the moon.

I made him remember who he was....

Elsa "But how? He hated me!"

I made him angry, and when he did get angry the love of others burst through the evil personality that he created. And then finally he remembered who he was...

Jack "Elsa.... I'm so sorry I don't even know where to begin" he said stepping closer towards her the chains moving with him as they caught the floor.

Elsa stepped backwards, she didn't want to show any emotion due to the fact of not trusting if this was all a trick. She knew Pitch was a mastermind of creating nightmares this could easily but one without her knowing. He was clever that way in the way of getting what he wants. She turned her body to face the open door shouting.

Elsa "Guards! Unchain the king and take him back to the castle." She turned back around to face Jack.

He was staring at her with those big blue eyes, wondering if she would ever forgive me after everything that had happened? And mostly forgive her for the terrible thing she did while being under the influence of Pitch Black. He had tried to kill her and his son something that he wouldn't forgive himself for.... the pit in his stomach felt strange and his heart pounded like its life depended on it. And the way she looked back at him felt like it was a stranger, that dangerous look that sent chills down his spine. The endless torture that his mind sent him in a whirlwind with memories that exploded his brain with endless thoughts. And when the guards came up and burst through that open door, undoing the chains from his arms he looked back up to see his wife already gone.....

The guards walked him down the steps of the tower and into the fresh air, it hit him like a thousand knives the cold breeze that he had missed so much. The palms of his hands melted into a feeling that he'd never had before. He looked around seeing the halls of the castle he knew all too well, searching for a hint of his wife and as he pushed on the door to his chambers he gasped seeing his wife standing there with the maroon scarf he'd seen before wrapped around the shoulders and down her waist. The bump of his child had grown over night and the tears that streamed down his cheeks remembering everything that he'd done while being secretly working with Pitch drained him entirely. The painful look in her eyes drew him closer as she took a step further back towards the balcony. And that's when he knew.... that she was scared of him....

Elsa "I want you to know....even though I've let you out the tower it doesn't mean I trust you" she said looking down at the floor.

Jack "I know and you have every right to not trust me I did terrible things"

Elsa "I just need help with getting rid of Pitch once and for all"

Jack looked up at her terrified of what was to come, but he knew deep down she was right, and they needed to get rid of him for good.... The question was how?