Chapter Twenty- The unexpected

(Don't own the picture)

Elsa sat helplessly at the desk she'd been sitting at for hours, reading and signing paperwork that never seemed to end. Suddenly a knock at the door caught her off guard and she called out to let them in. Jack walked in with a smile that suddenly disappeared once he saw her doing the exact same thing he'd left her doing hours ago.

Jack" Snowflake you can't be seriously still be doing paperwork?"

Elsa" I know I'm sorry I just had too much paperwork to be left"

Jack" Mmm you do realise your allowed to take a break right?"

Elsa" Yeahh, but there not going to sign themselves" she shrugged her shoulders at him.

Jack" Well I'm afraid I've come to steal you away; it is time for the meeting Afterall"

Elsa" Oh shoot! That's now? I was meant to write down what I wanted to say "she stands up from the chair and walks to Jack.

Jack" You don't need to write anything down just tell them what you want from your heart Snowflake"

Elsa" Your so cheesy sometimes" she chuckles.

Jack kisses her cheeks and takes her hand.

Jack" Come on we should head to the meeting"

Elsa" Ah yes the dreaded meeting"

Jack" I thought you were looking forward to this meeting? You know because I'm coming with you" he winks.

Elsa" Are you flirting with me Frost?"

Jack" Depends do you want me to be flirting with you?"

Elsa" Maybe... but just know I'm not a master of flirting I don't know what I'm doing" she laughs.

Jack" Just let me do the flirting your majesty" he wink's again.

Elsa" So you are flirting me with, and Your majesty? Since when do you call me that?" she says turning around to the desk and tidying the paperwork up.

Jack" Of course I am, and you know just thought what you would say"

Elsa" Well you know I hate titles"

Jack" Sorry I promise I won't do it again"

Elsa" It's fine Jack honestly, I'm just not used to you calling me it"

Jack" Would you prefer my Queen then?" he says getting down on one knee.

Elsa" Your Queen? Why would...." She turns around only to see him on one knee holding a box up.

Elsa" Jack what are yo- "

Jack" Elsa I know we've only known each other for a short while but I know we belong together because I love you with my whole heart, knowing you and getting to know you has been the greatest joy of my life and I've lived for a long time. I know this is unexpected, but I want you to be mine so Elsa Queen of Arendelle would you do me a great honour and marry me?" he opens the box.

Elsa's world stopped so many thoughts were running through her head at once and she felt overwhelmed, she knew what the answer was, yet she felt like she had to get permission of the council first was that silly of her to think? They'd already talked about how they wanted to marry each other in the future could that future be now? And was she ready to be with someone like Jack who loved her and who knew all her secrets that worried her? It wasn't like she was going to get this chance again. Elsa loved him with everything she had, and of course she had never felt this way about anyone even If he was the first relationship she had, deep down she wanted what Anna and Kristoff had and even what her parents had. She felt bad for Jack who was waiting for an answer as she thought she hard, she thought once more and then the answer hit her she shouldn't care what anyone else thought it was about what she wanted, screw the council and what they wanted for the kingdom Afterall, she was the one ruling the kingdom and It was up to her and if they had a problem maybe it was for the best that she wasn't ruling the kingdom maybe she could live a simple life just with Jack like she wanted, Afterall she'd never wanted to be Queen in the first place and maybe the troubles of having the council make Anna Queen wasn't so bad like she thought it was, Anna would make a better Queen ten times she was she understood the people like no other and they weren't afraid of Anna like they were her.

Jack stood up feeling the tension while he could see Elsa thinking of his question, he didn't know to take it personally but then again what he had asked was a big thing it would change the future forever. He only hoped that Elsa would make the right decision with a heavy heart. He caught Elsa looking at him with those big sapphire eyes and they both smiled at one another as Elsa walked closer and wrapped her arms around his torso giving him a warm embrace.

Jack" Sorry... I know what I've just asked is a big thing and I don't want to put any pressure on yo- "he gets cut off instantly by Elsa kissing him suddenly.

Pulling away she smiles at him seeing his blue eyes staring back at her giving those butterflies that never seemed to leave her stomach when she was with him.

Elsa" I love you and I would love nothing more than to marry you" she smiles again.

Jack" I love you too, you would?"

Elsa" Yes I would I'm simply scared of what the council are going to say"

Jack" I thought you might be, but you have me in case they do anything."

Elsa" I know but I guess I could do one thing if they threaten me"

Jack" What's that?"

Elsa" Oh you'll find out if they do, don't worry"

Jack" Oh will I now?"

Elsa" Yes you will but come on we should head over to the meeting"

Jack" Wait we should make this official first?"

Elsa" I would like nothing more"

Jack slides the sparkling ring on Elsa's finger and they both smile in happiness.

Elsa" Jack this is beautiful, did you make this yourself? It looks like..."

Jack" Ice? That's because it is and yeah I did make it myself it took some time, but it was worth it"

Elsa" It definitely was"

Jack" Now we should head to the meeting" he says kissing her cheeks and taking her hand in his.