Chapter Twenty Six - Norths letters...

As Jack opened the first letter he could tell everyone was watching him but they continued talking amongst themselves as Jack read silently.
Dear Jack,
I know what I'm about to say is going to upset you and for that I'm truly sorry, the thing is I lied about something... can you remember when we defeated Pitch the first time and you were so happy that you had Jamie and his friends.

They helped you know you were believed in and long before you were even believed in I knew you were going to be a great guardian. While you were away a letter came for you but,I didn't realise it was for you until I opened being so busy with Christmas takes it's own on me sometimes. When I opened I realised it was for you but something about it felt wrong. What I'm trying to say is I knew and I decided it was best to not tell you since I never thought you'd meet until now it was time.

North

Jack was confused what was North so worried and sorry for? What could he have possibly done? So as he did with the other he opened the letter although he noticed that this one didn't bear the seal of the North Pole like the other. When he say the top of the letter the writing was different it was almost like it felt wrong and his stomach flipped.

Jack,

I know someone a lot like you, you see though human she too had powers, but she was mearly a child and you know how children are prone to fear. She ended up sacrificing a great deal for the sake of her younger sister and everyday she died a little inside so hers would be safe.... From herself. Remember your sister Jack? How you saved her and you crumbled to into the water leaving your family behind. Do you remember when you remembered who you were? And how you had failed your fellow guardians? You can't escape fear Jack it's the one thing I've always taught you. I thought you might have found that child and helped her but, thank god you didn't. You know what happened to that child? She lost herself and locked herself room the world until one day it was too late. She ended up losing control and even though her sister managed to finally help her their was this voice that she'd heard before she was six years old, and that voice always told her she'd be a monster.....

Of course it was easy to get inside her head, she already believed she was a monster and giving her a push wasn't hard and it worked so easily. She had already hurt her sister, so fearful of herself and her powers. She dreaded being close to anyone in case she killed them so like I mentioned she locked herself away. She hide in her room for eighteen years crying out for her parents but, even they couldn't bare to look at her not when their daughter was a monster, they ending up dying anyways, and so afterwards this girl finally opened the doors and she was so happy seeing her sister again but, you see thats when her troubles began all over again......

She heard that voice calling out her name again. She even clung onto the hope of the precious guardians but, they didn't even try to save her instead she fell further into darkness until she closed her own sister off again...I guess thats the thing about fairytales .....

Forever your enemy
Pitch Black.

Jacks heart broke into pieces.... How could North of hung on to this, this whole time? He felt angry betrayed and most ignorantly how could Elsa not have told him Pitch of all people had and still was tormented her before the age of six years old! He folded the letter up placing it into his pocket and looked at Elsa who was still sat beside him looking confused as ever before.

He stood up taking Elsa's hand and pulling her towards himself gently.

Jack" We need to talk" he said angrily.

Elsa" Umm okay" she sounded unsure she had never heard Jack like this before.

Taking her to toward his own room he closed the door and sat her down on the edge of the bed. He didn't even know how to start the rage he felt was something like he'd never felt before and he didn't know what to do.

Jack" Elsa?"

Elsa" What's going on Jack? Why have we come in here?" She said feeling confused.

Jack" Why didn't you tell me?" His voice concerned.

Elsa" Tell you what?"

Jack"Why didn't you tell me Pitch tormented you before you were even six years old?! Do you how that makes me feel? I'm a guardian I'm supposed to protect all living children! And I failed you! If North had given me this stupid letter I would have known! I would have known you needed help!" He said throwing the letter to the ground in anger.

Elsa" How did you know that?"

Jack" Apparently it's something that North was keeping from me Pitch sent me a letter telling me about you and now he had tricked you into being so feared of yourself you were lost!"

Elsa" I didn't want to tell anyone and even so how was I supposed to know that North knew? I didn't say anything Pitch told me not too"

Jack" Yeah well what else are you keeping from me then?"

He looked at her those blue sapphire eyes staring back at him with sadness, He loved her there was no doubt about it but it hit him like a ton of breaks knowing that she'd been through all that pain for some many years, yes he'd been through his own pain but nothing like this....

Jack" Why didn't you mention it before to me?" His voice quieter than before.

Elsa" Don't you know Jack?" She said sadly.

Jack" Know what?"

Elsa" It's dangerous to dream..." she says tears running down her face.

What had she done? ....