Chapter Sixty - The Dark Tower

The darkness was surrounded by screams that haunted Jacks mind, they never stopped. He could see faces in the shadows as he sat still listening to the dripping of the black slimy liquid that puddled around the floor. He crawled to the pillar searching around the room as the screams got louder and louder until a figure dashed across the room leaving Jack breathless. He got up onto his feet looking around some more around the room and that when suddenly the figure popped out revealing his wife. Her face got closer and closer until he was inches away from her lips, her eyes lit up the room making him feel better than ever before. He had missed her terribly, but something seemed off as he went to kiss her Elsa pulled away laughing in his face, her eyes darkened as her laugh turned evil.

Jacks' eyes widened.

Jack "Elsa?"

Elsa "You really think I could love you?" Her laugh grew louder.

Jack "This isn't you...." He backed away feeling hurt.

He backed away running to the door that he could barely find in the surrounding darkness, shouting and yelling he kicked the door to try and open it up, but it was no use.

Jack "Let me out!!" he screamed.

Turning back around he saw another figure walk around the room, and out popped North with a wicked grin on his face laughing and smiling down at Jack.

North "You thought you were a good guardian? You're a monster nothing else!!" The smirk grew.

Jack "NO!!! Stop it stop it!!" He said gripping onto his head shaking it.

His mind spinning with dark thoughts, he curled himself up into a ball in the corner listening to the screaming and laughing around him faces he recognised kept coming at him telling him awful things that felt like knives in his heart. His heart pounding with the thoughts that consumed him, what was actually happening right now? Where even was he? He couldn't take it anymore he just wanted to be out of this place and see the light again, see his wife who would be worried. He didn't even know how long he'd been gone for, and that's when his mind went crazy seeing figures again as they walked across the room. He let out a loud scream which could be heard throughout the room and where Pitch was sitting.

Pitch rushes into the darkened room falling to his knees near Jack.

Pitch "It's okay. It's alright, I'm here now you're okay. It was wrong of me to make you suffer the mandrake root can be quite cruel. It uses the depths of your soul and brings your consciousness to use your darkness fears, you've been so courageous, but it was necessary. But you're not alone now.... you don't have to be alone ever again, I'm the only one you can trust. I'm all that you have left in the world.... the others they don't understand you like I do they taught you and tell you that you're a monster, but I see you for who you are...... they hate you...." He says still kneeling on the floor beside Jack.

Jack starts to stand up from Pitches hands guiding him across the room to the door where the light reflected through. He looked to the floor the black liquid still dripping to the floor. He could hear the screams still echoing through his mind.

Pitch "come on you need some proper sleep" he said still guiding him to the door.

Jack smiled back at Pitch and then realised what was happening, Dropping his face into a frown.

Jack "No! Whatever twisted game you're playing I want no part in it! I'd rather stay here and die!" He backed away from Pitch back into the corner and in the darkness.

Pitch "You know I knew a great powerful witch that used this trick once on a young Queen, unfortunately her destiny was her doom.... now are you going to dine with me or not?"

Jack steps forward unsure of what he wants but he knew that this could be a chance to see what Pitch really wanted. He walked behind Pitch making their way throughout the daylight that hurt Jacks eyes. His body ached his head pounded struggling to comprehend what was happening before his very eyes. And that's when they stopped in a room with a long table and seats made for many guests, cobwebs surrounded the room travelling everywhere from the ceiling to the candle sticks. Out on the table laid food, pitch took a seat and gestured towards the seat beside him. Jack takes a seat unsure of what was happening.

Pitch " Food always makes me feel better....." He said taking the meat apart and placing some on Jacks plate.

Jack looks at the plate not having much of an appetite these days, he was more worried about his wife and what she was thinking right now.

Pitch "You must eat you'll fade away"

Jack "I don't know what cruel trick your playing but I will not be broken by you"

Pitch "I thought this would be nice.... I know how lonely you must be by yourself in that room, at least you're not chained to the wall, you can move, and you can see".

Jack "You expect me to be grateful?" He says.

Pitch " I too have suffered, I've spent my whole life living in darkness alone and unheard unable to be seen by everyone.... You know what that's like Jack don't you?"

Jack "Yes, I do know what it's like.... but I don't go around killing and hurting people".

Pitch "Do you really think she loves you, Jack? She has no clue what it's like to be alone for more than three hundred years?"

Jack "And what do you know about my Wife? You've tormented her whole life what do you expect?"

Pitch "Do you really want to die because of a prophecy?"

Jack "I'm not the one who's supposed to die".

Pitch "Oh you changed that when you came looking for me" he smirked.

Jack " What do you mean?"

Pitch "The prophecy has changed and now look you don't see your wife coming after you do you? She's forgotten you Jack just like everyone else has"

Jack "That's a lie she wouldn't forget about me".

Pitch "Really then where is she?"