Chapter Fifty-Six- Grief

Elsa stared down at his hand trembling as she picked up the silver signet ring one that represented the crest of Arendelle. Her tears flowed down her cheeks leaving milky stains. The moments flooded her memories as she felt the flashes from a dream, every moment every laugh she could think of swirled into her brain. She stood in front of the throne with tears running still down her cheek. The silver ring glistened in the light as she held it, she still didn't believe it.

Elsa "Where is he?" She said confused and blurred.

Kristoff "We searched for hours where the fight took place, and this is all we could find" he said looking guilty.

Elsa broke down again the never-ending tears hit her cheeks as she dropped to her knees, holding her tummy where her child grew was now fatherless.

Elsa" No! I don't believe you! He promised.... He promised me! ..... He lied......" she sobbed.

Everyone watches as the young Queen dropped to the floor, broken and completely lost what was she supposed to do now? She was alone again something he'd promised her would never happen. The anger grew more intense from inside her mind fighting endlessly to answer her own thoughts, why did he leave? Why didn't he tell her that he was going to leave? here she was talking to her own mind like so many years before. She sniffled getting back onto her feet, it had been three days since she's last seen him, she could still feel and smell his minty scent, the warmth of his against hers the touch of his hand cradling her stomach as he talked nonsense to their son. And now he was gone he'd left her alone with the kingdom on her shoulders. She could feel the storm build inside end waiting to erupt like a volcano.Her eyes connected back to the room where everyone's eyes where still on her, she straightened back up and tried to keep the tears at bay. Turning around and sitting back on the silver throne she whispered towards the guard standing beside her. Her crown heavy on her head pushing down on the memories that she tried to forget. She looked down at the silver signet ring once more fiddling with it and then nodded back to the guard.

Guard "The King is dead! Long live the Queen!"

The silence grew throughout the room until they shouted back at the guard. "Long live the Queen!" They said little did they know she was no Queen at least not anymore...... as she looked around the room, she knew she had lost everything, but I guess that's what happens when you dream so big after all hadn't, she told Jack it was dangerous to dream?

Afterwards Elsa found herself in their chambers standing in the middle of the room as servants went back and forth moving Jacks things around her. Anna stood closely and watched her sister weeping and shaking in shock. Elsa looked down as one of the servants came up to her with Jacks clothes in hand, asking where she wanted them or if they needed taking away. Elsa didn't know how to use words right now all she wanted was for everyone to go away, to lock herself up in her room.

Anna "store the king's clothes, nothings to be disposed of without my knowledge."

The servant started to walk away when Elsa plucked up and ran straight towards them.

Elsa "Wait not that one .... Jack wore it for our wedding...." She took the tailored dark blue coat putting it into the bed and spreading it out for her to look at.

Anna "Okay everyone out now!" She ordered.

Anna stood beside her sister who was still crying and trying not to show her emotions that were broken. She places a hand on her sister's shoulder trying to comfort her.

Elsa "Anna I'm fine...." She whispered quietly wiping away the tears from her porcelain cheeks.

Anna "No you're not fine, you've just lost the man you love and now they're moving you into your old rooms treating it like he was never here."

Elsa "But he's not here, is he? I maybe still the Queen of Arendelle but I'm no longer the Queen they deserve..." She said feeling a wave of sadness hit her.

Anna "Elsa...."

Elsa "Please Anna leave me alone; I don't want to think anymore" she said squeezing her eyes shut.

The very next day everyone gathered outside the Castle, carriages carried all sorts of things and one at the very end carried the love of Elsa's life, it maybe have been empty, but she felt it in her heart that his spirt was there inside at peace. She walked towards it where she laid the crown of his coronation. The dark blue and silver jewels reflected in sunlight, A piece of black cloth huge over the casket representing the crest of Arendelle.Placing her hand on the casket she waited standing still as the tears ran down her cheeks. Anna stood beside her placing her hand on her shoulder as she watched her sister stand before her husband's casket.

Elsa "We were supposed to Spend the rest of our lives together... he said he was going to take me ....to dance underneath the Northern Lights" she sobbed.

Kristoff kissed the top of Anna's head while she cried herself, they hadn't been prepared for any of this they thought of their daughter who had only just met their amazing uncle and one of her godparents and now she wouldn't even grow up to know him thankfully the nanny had been available to look after her so that they could endure this day and what were they to do? Kristoff walked away and bowed to Elsa, standing beside her.

Kristoff "Your majesty, Fredrick has been caught and is in the dungeon".

Elsa "Did he let loose information?". She said feeling her bump.

Kristoff "No"

Elsa "Then hang him" she nods to him, and he walks away back to Anna.

Elsa stays stood at the casket staring into space as people chatted around her, she kisses the casket as she weeps.her black dress trailing behind her. Once of the guards comes up to her letting her know that there ready.

Guard "Your majesty it's custom for the Wife of the King to be in the first carriage".

She shakes head feeling the tears fall.

Elsa "I'm no longer his wife...." 

And with that the guard gives the nod letting the carriage take off, her hand bounces off in shock and starts to walk behind the carriage. She carries to walk behind it until she's not seen......

Elsa sits on the stairs just underneath the thrones in the room, as Anna holds her hand sitting beside her unknowing what to say. They had been sat there since the Queen had arrived back silent and distracted from everything that was Happening around her, clung to her pregnant belly cradling it every so often.

Elsa "I remember when he first came here, we didn't get off to a great start....and ever since I realised my feelings, he's always been my home.... I don't even know who I am without Jack...." She said breaking down again.

Anna "You're the Queen you always will be, and they need you...."

Elsa "I loved him Anna... and now it's done, and I loved him" she breaks down hands hurried her face while Anna hugs her.