Chapter Seventy Nine-Good Reasons

Elsa sat at the drawing desk. Sighing furiously at the paperwork pile that had grown over the last few days with endless documents.

Her long blonde braid sat on her shoulder while her mind endlessly filled with the facts she knew too well. The empty room felt so quiet with no one around her but her unborn child who she could feel kicking now and then at her rib cage. She placed her hand on her stomach dropping the pen to the desk, she smiled softly knowing that this was one person she knew she could rely on. Right now, all she needed was herself, her baby and her sister, brother-in-law that supported her while she still didn't trust her husband. The thought of ever losing Jack was the maddening of her soul, she knew she loved him with all of her heart. Her chest grew tight from the pain of heartbreak. After all this time had passed Jack wasn't the man, she first married he had changed a lot and they'd both suffered enough. All she wanted was to find a way to destroy their enemy for once all but finding a way to do that was proving harder than expected and with her constantly avoiding her husband around the castle she didn't really know how to feel right now. The black heart of pitch black had consumed their marriage and now it was weathering away along with their own hearts, desperately trying to find a way back to the people they used to be. She clung onto the hope that one day they might be able to go back to the people that were so madly in love while on their honeymoon but something deep within her told her that it wasn't going to come so easily like it once did.

She remembered how they were before they had gotten married, he was always flirting with her and trying to get her attention whereas she would blush since she had no clue how to flirt back. And when she thinks back to the first moment that they laid eyes on one another, they didn't even get on and now here she was alone and back at the start where she had began....maybe being on her own was the punishment she deserved and the fact was that she didn't deserve a happy ending with a full family of her own, and even though it was her birth right to rule over the kingdom all she wanted to do was run away and hide from everything. She had been left with nothing but pain in her heart spreading like a wildfire within her veins consuming her every thought until she knew that she couldn't. She was destined to become one with Jack Frost from the beginning even when she didn't even know it, and all she wanted to do was be in his warm arms that comforted her through everything. She had to admit the pull was strong and she could never love anyone the way she loved Jack but the never ending wave of something that was around the corner that could tear them apart lingered in the air. She was sick of being afraid of even closing her eyes at night wondering when the next attack would be coming and how they would stop it.

She heard the sound of knocking on the door and instantly looked up to the opening door, and there he stood with those big blue eyes of his staring back at her with sadness. His blue hoodie frosted over just like the look in his eyes. He stepped forward towards the desk feeling the nerves rush through his body unable to function a sentence together. She stared back at him as she picked the pen back up scribbling down her name at another document. The silence in the room between them was unnatural.

Jack "I was wondering if we could talk?" He stammered.

Elsa "Talk about what?" She said sternly.

Jack "Well I cant help but notice your avoiding me..... but we do need to talk about how were going to bring down Pitch"

Elsa "Can you blame me for honestly trying to stay away from you? You tried to kill me? And you think I'm going to jump back into your arms like nothing happened? And as for Pitch I don't know how were going to bring him down all I know is that I want to be alone right now" she said looking up from her paperwork her crystals burning into his orbs.

Jack " I don't know how to say I'm sorry all I know is that I feel terrible for what I didi just want things to be normal....."

Elsa " I don't think things are going to normal for a while, how can it be? We're King and Queen with power of snow with a enemy that is trying to kill us every chance he gets" she sighed sitting back in the chair resting a hand on her stomach again.

Jack "I get that....I just miss you....its been a while since I've seen you"

Elsa "Well you didn't seem to miss me with your hands around my neck did you? Or did you forget that you tried to kill our son too? Or even that you sided with our enemy? Because I will never forget not one day".

Jack "If I could turn back time and never leave this castle I would. Do you think I wanted to be shut in a dark tower fighting my inner thoughts?! I didn't choose to become part of Pitch's plan! And I'm sorry that I hurt you I didn't intend to do that! But fine I'll leave you alone!" He said angrily storming out the door as Elsa sat there staring at the door that slammed behind him.

She placed her hands on her face as her head dropped to the desk. She let out a sob letting the tears run down her cheeks as she thought of the mess she was in...what had she done? Oh How sorry she was that it had come to this.