Chapter Seventy-Dear Old Friend

Jack made his way through the fog back to the castle where his sleeping wife would be waiting for him. His mind clouded with hatred for the person he was supposed to love and as time ticked away he knew that he only had one chance to get what they were about to do right. Wasn't he supposed to love the person he married? Instead his mind swirled with the thoughts of darkness telling me how much she had destroyed his life, she had started this when he had met her. If it hasn't been for the prophecy he wouldn't of had to nearly die in order for it to come true. How could he have let an unborn child control his life? He was better off alone where he could do what he wanted. And that's when he saw the moon shine down on him something he hadn't seen for a long while.

Jack "Don't look at me like that old friend you're the one who decides not to speak" he says angrily.

Moon " Remember who you are"

Jack "No.... You don't have that power over me anymore you can't stop me"

Moon "This isn't you, he's tricked you and turned you into a monster!"

Jack "You're the monster, you are the one who made us like this, you're the one who made that prophecy"

Moon "I made that prophecy a long time ago I knew you were capable of destroying Pitch once and for all"

Jack " And did you ever consider his feelings? He didn't ask to a villain you're the one who decided to make him one when you took away the ability to see us, he's been alone longer than me. You might be okay with that but, I'm not"

Jack walked off pulling the hood of his cloak back over his head, as he walked throughout the fog he disappeared into the night leaving Manny speechless. The moons shine stopped pulling himself back in and everything turned to darkness.

Once Jack had made his back to the castle he slipped inside, he made sure to hide his cloak covered in mud and quietly tiptoed back into bed, he stared up at the ceiling thinking of his conversation with his dear old friend, the smirk appeared across his lips and as he thought of his plan he closed his eyes that were now full of darkness and fell into a slumber.