Chapter Twenty Seven- Dangerous to Dream

Elsa sat on the edge of the bed silently but tears flowed down her porcelain face, she couldn't help it what had she done? Had she lost Jack? She couldn't she loved him too much, if only North hadn't sent those letters they would have been perfectly fine just like before anything had happened.

Suddenly a knock on the door interrupted the silence. And it opened to reveal a waddling snowman who looked concern for his friends.

Olaf " Is everything okay?"

Jack" Actually I was just going to get some fresh air" he said picking up his staff of the floor and walking out the room leaving Elsa alone with Olaf.

Why was he leaving? Elsa didn't know why but her chest hurt for some reason, she'd. ever felt this pain before. And poor Olaf was stood beside Elsa who was crying wondering what could possibly be going on and yet she didn't have an answer for him.

Elsa" I'm sorry Olaf if I've seemed busy lately"

Olaf" It's okay I've been taking care of the snowgies in the ice castle"

Elsa" How are they doing?"

Olaf" There okay a little carefree like always but, marshmallow misses you she says hi"

Elsa" I miss her too"

Olaf" So what's happened?"

Elsa" We had a fight... I didn't tell him something and now he's mad at me and I don't know what to do about it"

Olaf " You know when the right person loves you, they will always be by your side no matter what" he said quickly.

Elsa" Yeah well that's if he does still love me"

Jack" Of course I love you Elsa I just needed some time to calm down" he said leaning against the doorway on his staff.

Olaf " See I told you, like I said to Anna some people are worth melting for, you've just got to find the right person."

Jack" And I have found the right person to melt for Olaf I'd do anything for Elsa even if I did get angry"

Elsa" I'm sorry I didn't tell you Jack it's just.... Being alone for so long you sort of get used to-" she says getting cut off.

Jack" To keeping things to yourself I know trust me"

Elsa" Anyways you haven't got anything to say I'm mad at you, you never told me that everyone had to believe in you to see you"

Jack" I did it for a reason, it's sad I don't want you getting upset over something that happened over eighteen years ago "

Elsa" But Jack, I want to know even if it is sad. That's what we're here for right ? To support each other when we're sad or happy?"

Jack" Well yeah is it, I'm just not used to it"

Elsa" Neither am I"

Jack" It's safe to say we're so used to being alone that we're scared of telling each other things that are upsetting?"

Elsa" yeah you could say that again, I just don't want to hurt you by telling you things"

Jack" Well how are we supposed to tell each other things if you expect us to be upset all the time, I mean this is what couples do isn't it ? "

Elsa" Yeah your right I know what you mean, it's just Pitch has been tormenting me for so long it's hard to remember a time when he wasn't..."

Jack" I know that now I'm just worried about you" he says walking over and sitting beside her again.

Elsa" Worried about me? Why?" She took his arm and linked with him resting her hand on his bicep.

Jack" Because I don't want Pitch pushing over the edge, I know what he's like he'll manipulate until her gets into your head and before you know it he's controlling you"

Olaf" You know what I think this calls for" he chimes in suddenly.

Elsa" What's that Olaf?" She questioned chuckling to herself of how random he was to speak.

Olaf " A warm hug, they solve everything!" He laughed to himself. He waddled towards the door opening it up and saying his goodbyes leaving the two alone again.

Elsa" You don't have to worry you know" she said resting her head on his shoulder.

Jack" But I do worry Snowflake and can I ask you something?"

Elsa" sure"

Jack" What did you mean.... When you said it's dangerous to dream?"

Elsa" I just.... Meant that " she trailed off unknown i of what to say to him.

Jack" Snowflake..."

Elsa" It's just I wish things could have been different that's all"

Jack" I don't think that's what you meant, and I'm sorry for the way I acted before I didn't mean to yell at you I was just really angry at North and most if all at Pitch for treating you like dirt all this time.... Too be honest I was mad at myself for not helping you I should have been there snowflake"

Elsa" But you didn't even know me back then so how could you have known about it till now, it's just like you and how I didn't know about the whole believing thing"

Jack" I should have told you yes but, I suppose we both have the same reason we didn't want to upset each other with the sad moments in our lives "

Elsa" Not everything can be sad all the time, We're going to have to eventually tell the sad things"

Elsa lifts her head up from Jacks shoulder and looks towards him feeling like she should ask one more time just in case.

Elsa" Jack why didnt you tell me that people had to believe in you to see you?" She wondered.

Jack" Because..... it's painful to talk about....." he said going silent remembering how lonely it was.

Elsa" How long?"

Jack" How long what?"

Elsa"How long were you alone for?"

Jack took a big breath he knew what he was about to say would set his lovely snowflake off, and he felt bad for it. She stared at him with those big blue sparkling eyes waiting for an answer.

Jack" Three hundred years.... But! I did meet the guardians after that and I was fine for a time until I realised that i felt lonely again"

Elsa " Three hundred years.... Jack I'm so sorry and here I am saying how lonely I've been stuck in my room and there's you out there for three hundred years! I feel so bad now...." She says ranting on.

Jack stops her by gently placing his hand on her cheek, he moves forward planting a kiss on her lips. She looks back up at him after moving away, and studies his face. Then she places her hand on his cheek removing her other arm from around his bicep placing on the bed beside her.

Jack" Snowflake just because I've spent three hundred years alone while you spent eighteen alone doesn't mean that mine is worse, we've both been through things and its not a competition" he has placing his hand overs hers which was still on his cheek.

Elsa" I know it's not a competition I just can't get over the fact you were alone for that long"

Jack" I found you I'm not alone anymore"

Elsa's heart skipped a beat she loved him so much it hurt her chest, sometimes she didn't really know how to show him she loved him but, she had never loved anyone like before of course she had Anna but thats a different type of love. She was so lucky to have found someone like Jack, who understand her for real like no one else did. She was so happy to be engaged to this wonderful man and she couldn't wait to marry him ..... after talking for ages the two decided to not go back to family charades but, to just spent more time together cuddled into each other in Elsa's room and when Elsa grew  tired she happily fell asleep on Jacks chest who was more than happy to let her.