Keith's Tragedy

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

————————————————
Author's POV:
________________________________

————————————————Author's POV:________________________________

________________________________

When night fell, Y/N didn't know what to expect for the visit of that monstrous beast. Obviously, she wasn't looking forward to it, but there is one thing she wants to ask him; although, she doesn't know if he would even give her an answer or if she'd be able to muster the courage to say it. Her E/C eyes find themselves fixed on the nightlight plugged into the wall, waiting for it to flicker in the darkness to announce his presence, but it never did. Her heart nearly jumped out of her chest, however, the moment she glanced up to meet white eyes staring at her from within the shadows in the corner of the room. It took everything in her not to hide under the covers as the Boogeyman steps into the light, taking shape into that form known as Pilvrich. Sitting up straight away, the girl scoots back, pressing against the headboard as she brings her knees in tight. She watches as he slowly travels over to the chair he had sat in the night before. No part of her body could relax in his presence, even as he was comfortably seated with a calm expression on his face. All she did was stare at him with a soft glare until she could find her voice to speak.

"What right d- do you have to wear that face?" she croaks. She couldn't stand looking at it. Those kind, silver eyes made her sick. That face only reminded her of her mistake, of how foolish she was, of his betrayal. The monster was no better, but at least his body didn't remind her of tarnished memories that were once cherished. The Boogeyman takes a slow, deep breath, shoulders slumping.

"None, but I am not trying to scare you, and this is the face you feel less fear towards," answers the beast, calmly.

"I'd check your logic on that," she retorts in a voice nearly mute as she takes her eyes off the beast and grips her upper arms with trembling hands. She takes in a deep, wavering breath while shutting her eyes. The monster could tell just by looking at her that there is something plaguing her thoughts, so he waits patiently for her to say something about it, and eventually, she did. "W- Why did you... k- k- kill Keith?"

"Would you have rather I let him kill you instead?" he snaps with a faint growl, causing the girl to flinch. The creature sighs, dialing back on the anger brought upon by the thought of that boy, but his irritation remains clear on his face. "I warned you to stay away from him, did I not?"

"I- I j- j- just thought you were m- messing with me. I d- didn't think he'd—"

"He was in therapy for a reason, only he was not burdened with a demon haunting his dreams. He truly was a lunatic."

"H- He was nice to me," she whispers quietly, which causes the man to sigh. He knows the reason she went against him and why she liked Keith. It was only natural that she wouldn't want to listen to him when he told her to keep from him anyway. He would not blame her for being fooled by a fantasy. "D- Do you know w- what made him that way?"

"Yes." The demon nods. "I had a look through his head. From what I gathered, his mother was an awful wretch. She was a particular woman, always made sure things were perfect, spotless. Keith was clumsy and messy as a child, so she easily got upset with him, shouting at him for not being able to do the simplest tasks. As he got older, yelling turned to beatings, so he became obsessed with keeping things spotless too and began copying his mother's behavior. He would hear her voice nagging at him. He took it out on his classmates, punishing them for things as silly as leaving eraser marks on a paper. Even after his mother passed, he continued to behave foolishly, so his father put him into therapy to fix him, put him in boxing classes to get his anger out, but all of it was for naught. Her voice still lingered. It was only a matter of time before he snapped again." Y/N lets the information sink in, surprised to hear what her former boyfriend had gone through. He never told her about any of that, just that he was hearing voices sometimes, but he never told her what they said.

"That is why I wanted you to keep your distance. You are... were to be tormented by me, not some stupid, human boy who knows nothing of self control. He would've hurt you, possibly killed you had I not made it in time. You were lucky I found out where you were." She would never outright thank him for saving her, though a part of her was grateful that he had. Mainly, she wished to just forget the whole ordeal, but with what happened today with Keith's dad, she knew this was only the start of her problems. What is she to do? She couldn't even convince her parents of her innocence. There is no one to confide in who would believe her... except maybe one.

"His dad came by." Pilvrich nods, already aware of the older man's visit this morning.

"Yes, I'd have to be deaf not to hear his shouting."

"H- He thinks I k- k- killed him." The girl's breath hitches as tears pour out of her eyes. How could they think that? She couldn't hurt a soul. She is not a monster. Why don't they believe that? The demon said nothing in response to this. Though his expression did not change, his hands clenched the fabric of his black pants, turning his pale knuckles full white. He watches her silently sob and cry, frequently wiping her eyes and sniffling until she calms down. Her body shook violently, and just as she was about to dig her nails into her arms, the creature stood from his chair, making her gasp and cower on instinct. He ignores this reaction as he brings his hand to her face, making her flinch.

"They are foolish for believing that. That man is just emotional, looking for someone to blame. There is no evidence that you have done anything to that boy, so quit worrying about it."

"B- But, no one b- believes me." She attempts to push his hand off only to stop herself, unsure of how he would react to that.

"I think you should sleep. That's enough talk for the evening." At the very mention of sleep, she trembled. She would now learn how her dreams would go from now on. Part of her was not convinced this "pleasant" behavior would last, that eventually he will grow bored and go back to his old, traumatizing ways, another fears his idea of a good dream.

After all, he thought her getting revenge and stabbing him repeatedly would be her most wanted desire. She felt doing things like that, even to her tormentor, truly would turn her into a monster. Sadly, she would have no say on whether she should be awake or asleep. The Boogeyman's power was quick to act, causing her to slump over as he helps her lie flat on her back. The beast sighs, looking down at her, a frown in place on her lips.

He is somewhat happy, though. She was still brave enough to converse with him even if she is still greatly afraid. He hoped that, with time, things could ease, and they can coexist peacefully, as they had before. He knows she would not look at him the same way she had once looked at "Pilvrich", but this is a start. If he wants to right things, he will have to show her that he could be kind. It is not what he's used to, but in his days of hiding as her tutor, he had gained more experience with it. Last night, he stated how he felt about her and what he plans to do with that knowledge. She didn't seem fond of the idea, but that was to be expected. He would be patient.

The Boogeyman sits on the edge of Y/N's bed after covering her with the blankets, setting a hand on her shoulder and watching as she sleeps while giving her a very special dream.