Late Nights

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color
•H/C: Hair Color
•H/L: Hair Length
•S/C: Skin Color

——————————————————
____________________________________
Author's POV:
____________________________________

Shuffling sheets sound from the bed in Y/N's bedroom as the young girl huddles against the back corner of the mattress with her hands shakily holding her arms to keep herself steady. Two days had gone by full of peaceful rest and less stressful mornings, but now the creature would soon return for his prey to drag her back into the unending world of hellish nightmares and fear. The all the lights are on, as always, and the door had been left partially opened, allowing the illumination to stretch out into the hallway, but it wouldn't be long until it's shut off by the monster she hates. To keep her thoughts in a happy place, Y/N thinks about her new tutor, Pilvrich, who had made her life seem so much better in only the past couple day. The two had made a deal, that she'd do whatever he told her so that the Boogeyman can be vanquished once and for all.

Yesterday, before the man left, he told her he'd come tonight, since the monster claimed that'd be when he returned. It seemed like a good idea. This way she wouldn't be alone with the creature, and Pilvrich would have the chance to attack. Y/N informed him of the time he usually makes his appearance and practically begged him to come before that. Thankfully, that had been his plan, but, now, as she waits for him, she realizes the raven-haired male is cutting it a little too close. The Boogeyman will be there any second, and he still hasn't come. Of course she's anxious.

'Hurry, Pilvrich, please.' Nearly, the girl whimpers as she brings her trembling knees to her chest, her heart pounding heavily due to the overwhelming anxiety. She hopes her tutor will make it in time. Y/N can't help but wonder, though, if it'd all be over after tonight, if Pilvrich would slay the horrid beast and put an end to the awful nightmares. Y/N had to cover her mouth to block a scream when a light tap hits her window from a small pebble.

Thankfully, she wasn't too loud. Warmth and relief fills her instantly when she hesitantly looks through the glass and down at the backyard, where Pilvrich stands with a smile on his lips. The male waves to her before dragging the ladder the two of them had pulled out of the garage during yesterday's "lesson" out of the bushes behind the house. Though the man kept up with his duties as a tutor, he rushed so that they could speak about their plans for the monster, so they could barely be considered lessons. Together, they came up with lots of ideas, though, all are near impossible to accomplish without the right timing and tools.

Y/N lifts her bedroom window as the silver-eyed male positions the ladder against the house to reach her windowsill. The teen quickly grabs ahold of the top of it in hopes to keep it steady for his ascent. Thankfully, he makes it up without incident and lands inside with his back on top of her bed and his black dress shoes sticking out the window. Y/N cracks a smile at the ridiculous position, but it quickly left when he sat up to untie his shoes and remove them. The dark-haired male drops them beside the bed before meeting the girl's E/C gaze.

"Looks like I made it in time. Is he here yet?" He asks in a soft whisper that sends a chill down the female's spine, though, she isn't quite sure if it was pleasant or not. Y/N responds with the shake of her head as she grips her arms tighter. She's so nervous right now.

"W-What if y-you get hurt?"

"Oh, don't worry about me, little one." Cautiously, the man sticks out his hand to set it on the girl's head. She flinches on instinct, but doesn't pull away from his touch and scoots a little closer to his side to feel safer. "I'm ready to face him, so don't worry your little head." Just when she was about to relax from his statement, the lights in the room flicker, and that familiar sense of dread consumes her pale form.