The Life She Never Asked For

•Y/N: Your Name

——————————————————
____________________________________
Author's POV:
____________________________________

——————————————————____________________________________Author's POV:____________________________________

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

____________________________________

With each institute she looked at, the tighter the knot in Y/N's gut became as she spent weeks deciding on which one to go to. Ultimately, she went with her parents' best pick, a place they felt would tend to her well and have tranquil atmosphere that shouldn't be too harsh on her condition. Their daughter had become an empty husk, practically mute with only nods and shakes of the head being any insight to her feelings. She moved as if she could hardly pick her feet up and would often stare blankly ahead, as if trying to determine if she stood in reality or dream. The Boogeyman, he didn't even faze her anymore.

Sure, she still shook beside him occasionally if he got too close, but otherwise, she has been fine. Her feelings never changed. He is still the man who tormented her since childhood, but his recent dreams as of late have brought her some peace in her distressing life. He let her sleep within them, completely shutting him out while he played with her hair, as he often would. Other times, she would just feel his eyes on her, but he was always there. It ensured she never fully relaxed, but it was an improvement over nights before.

A part of her did appreciate him trying to comfort her about her parents' decision to send her away, even though she knew he was indifferent about the whole situation. So long as he can reach her, that is all he cares about. When, at last, her path had been decided, it finally came time for the stalling to end. It was inevitable that she would stand before doors of the asylum that would be her home until further notice. She broke into tears right at the doors as her mother and father embraced her with promises of visiting and keeping in touch. Patients aren't allowed phones, but if granted permission, she would be allowed usage of the communal line to chat with them every now and again. As their arms fled, she swore she'd collapse.

Her first impression of the asylum was... pleasant, truthfully. The staff are all friendly and welcoming, and while she was nervous of the other patients, they seemed to keep to themselves. There were more adults than people her age, which made things even less inviting for her, not that she'd be able to make friends anyway. She wouldn't be friends with any more people, afraid that they'd turn out like Keith or break her heart like Pilvrich had. No, she planned to stay alone for the rest of her miserable life.

She already had enough to worry about with the Boogeyman who walked by her side like a guard dog, vigilantly watching those around him, likely having sick fantasies about tormenting the other patients in the building while she took residence here. That wasn't the truth, though; in fact, his focus was solely on one victim. He wouldn't mind seeking another, but something keeps him glued to Y/N, his little mouse. Maybe, he just wanted her secure in his arms at night and have the ability to grant her sweet dreams whenever she closes her eyes. Spending even one night tormenting some other soul would take away from that. Who would comfort her, then? Who would be there as she falls asleep and as she wakes? No, he intends to spend every moment with her until she meets her end. That, he swore to himself.

It's All in Your Headजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें