Broken Toy

•E/C: Eye Color
•Y/N: Your Name
•H/C: Hair Color

————————————————
Author's POV:
________________________________

————————————————Author's POV:________________________________

________________________________

A thin stem twirls between shaking fingers as E/C eyes stare blankly at the velvety, burgundy petals that turn crisp at the ends. The flowers had not been watered due to their position on the floor, yet their color is still fresh and vibrant, their scent still strong and fragrant. Y/N could not comprehend the softness of the mattress beneath her or the sturdiness of the headboard at her back. The room is silent. She could not hear the sound of her mother and father speaking softly in their room with worry for their daughter.

She had returned home in tears, slammed the door shut and locked it regardless of her past fear of having it closed. She spoke not one word to them even when they came knocking at her door, claiming to have left her dinner outside of it. It still sits there, untouched and cold. She was not hungry. Again, the black dahlia is twirled subconsciously.

There was no thoughts forming in her head. She hardly even blinked, just stared at those bloody red petals. The lamp on her bedside table flickers at the stroke of midnight, but the light remains. Her room was not plunged into darkness as it usually would when that damn creature comes. She could see him stepping out from the shadows in the corner of her eye, but did not react.

She did not look his way or hide. She remains twirling the thin stem of that flower in her delicate hands that subconsciously shake regardless of her emptiness. The horned beast stares at the girl, noting her blank expression and lack of response as he watches from the corner of the room. It was done. The mouse had squeaked her last squeak.

She had broken. Black, clawed feet travel across the floor with soft clicks, approaching the bed, but there was still nothing from Y/N when he stops at her bedside, hovering over her smaller form. There was no words from either for a good while, yet the creature did not move. He waited, waited and waited some more until, at last, those chapped lips parted and released a quivering breath.

"Black dahlias," she whispers in a hoarse voice as her eyes glaze with tears. "They mean betrayal," she mutters slightly louder in the same scratchy voice, wanting him to hear what she had said. The Boogeyman breathes deep.

"Do they?" He asks softly, voice cracking slightly against his will, his white eyes shifting over to the flower. The atmosphere, it was so tense it unnerved even him. "I only got them because I thought they looked beautiful. The irony." With a silent sob Y/N curls up and crushes the flower to her chest, causing a few of the petals to fall onto her lap as she sinks down into a fetal position, her back to her terrorizer.

She clings to that flower even though it was him who gave it to her, for it showed her just how blind she had been. All along... All along, her protector was her predator. The sight struck a nerve in the creature's chest, so he looks away, meeting the eyes of his reflection in the mirror hanging on the wall. The black fluid lining his shiftable bones drip down, covering his teeth and creating a curtain over the white orbs, shutting them. The goo solidifies, adjusting to the features of a human male with pale skin and hollow cheeks. Eyelids open to reveal silver eyes and see their thin lips pulled into a deep frown in the reflection. Nimble fingers grip the back of a chair that sat in front of a small desk in the room and drag it over to the girl's bedside. Pilvrich sits upon the seat, finding it somewhat hard, but not uncomfortable, and hunches his back to lean forward and grip his hands.