Chapter 33 - Countdown

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

6 more days.

I can handle that, right?

Breath, Scar, breath. You can do this.

In, and out, in, and out.

Oh screw this, I was going insane.

I don't even know what he thinks of me.

And did Tristan actually mean that? Over the phone? I haven't stopped thinking about it. How could I? It definitely was him, and he sounded healthy, which meant he was safe. So... do I still go ahead with the plan?

Yes. I didn't come back for nothing.

Carter opened the door and stared at me.

"Dinner." he said.

"Where?" I replied, looking at his empty hands.

"Downstairs." he answered back, crossing his arms. I can go downstairs now? Thank god!

Wait... so that means that he does trust me now. I have finally achieved something from living in this dump!

"Oh, okay." I replied. I'm not going to say thank you because it'll make him feel like he owned me, he liked that, controlling me I mean, but he didn't like me knowing about it. If that makes sense?

I followed him downstairs, the sight of my living room and kitchen brightening my day. I walked into the kitchen, the smell of mom's cooking reaching my  over sensitive nose, I stared at everything like I haven't seen it before. I was so happy that he could finally trust me. I was here. Like actually here.

"Sit down Scar." mom said, motioning to a seat. I sat down and Carter, as I expected, sat next to me. Dinner arrived infront of me and I grabbed my knife and fork, staring down at the food placed in front of me.

I started cutting the meat and stuffed it into my mouth.

"So, how are you guys?" mom asked casually, Andrew's arm around her shoulders.

"Fantastic." I replied, faking a loving smile towards Carter. He smiled back and I turned to my food.

"We're great." Carter said, putting his own around my shoulders. I didn't like it. I didn't like how me and Carter looked like mom and Andrew. A light bulb went on in my head. Carter reminded me of Andrew!

But more evil.

I looked at Jamie who was sitting alone, cutting his food silently and eating it quietly, not looking at anyone. I wanted to talk to my brother, ask him how he was, ask him how he found school, if he needed any help. I wasted so much time, too busy in my own life, ignoring most of what mom had told me, thinking how it was all her fault, that I forgot about how Jamie might be feeling.

Carter saw how my eyes flickered to Jamie and he turned around to him.

"Jamie, aren't you going to talk to your sister?" he asked, me and Jamie both stiffened up, hearing the command in his voice. I saw the fire behind the hatred in Jamie's eyes, his Alpha blood already reacting to what Carter said.

"Hi." he smiled crookedly at me, and I smiled back, both of us showing the other how we really really feel through a simple sign of affection.

"Hey." I replied.