Chapter 8 - Aching Inside

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

After I had forced myself not to cry, I faced the food that Tristan had made me. Pasta.

"Tristan, how did you know I liked pasta?"

"Everyone does." he said in a duh voice.

"Everyone likes pasta?" I was on the verge of laughing.

"No, everyone knows you like pasta." he smiled at me.

"How?"

"You're the daughter of Alpha Smith? Everyone knows you around here Scarlett."

I liked it when he said my full name but I still couldn't push my feelings away for Riley, even though they seemed more distant now.

"What do they exactly know?" I asked while gobbling up my pasta to satisfy my growling stomach.

"Well, uh, he, um, we just know why he left and that you're his daughter. I don't know why but he's never been this interested in me before." he replied while watching me eat.

"Umm, you want some?" I offered some of my pasta, feeling guilty.

"No, no. I'm fine. " I shrugged and carried on eating. I finished due to my starving stomach and my abnormally quick way of eating.

"So, what else do you know about me?" I asked curiously as we sat on the sofas in the living room. I was lying down, looking up at the ceiling while talking to him.

"Okay, well. Your name is Scarlett Evans, you're 17 years old, your dad... left you when he found his mate and he's one heck of the most powerful Alphas in the world. Your hair is really dark brown but now it's changing into really dark red, which is your natural colour,, your eyes are deep blue and..." he put his finger on his chin while thinking. "You used to think god was crying when it started to rain."

I stared at him in shock with my jaw hitting the floor. I was pretty sure that he had done a thorough research section with people I know just so that he could know more about me.

"Okay, okay so you know every little detail about me, but I barely know anything about you."

"Okay, well, what do you wanna know?" he asked while leaning his elbows on his knees and resting his head on top.

"How old are you?"

"Uh, 19."

"Why do you live here?"

"...I don't."

Well, that surprised me a bit.

"You don't? Then why are you here?" I asked curiously.

"My mom had me in a time where there was no space for a child. My parents couldn't take care of me... so they left me with Riley's parents. I've grown up with him all my life, I bought another house a year ago but I still hang out here, with most of the pack." he looked down while saying all that, a sad expression was planted on his handsome features. It looks as if he hadn't spoken about this to anyone, and my heart melted at the sight of him so sad.

I felt so guilty because of my feelings for Riley, his soulmate liked his best friend who was like a brother to him?

"Oh." I looked him right in the eye and continued. "I'm sorry."