Chapter 5 - Pain At The Party

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

I told Lizzie I didn't want to stay, but she objected so we hung round there for a while, nothing really dangerous happened as Tristan had expected. It was around 3 o'clock when we finally left... and she had stopped asking questions. As soon as we had got to my house, I knocked on the door to be greeted by my mom who let both of us in and asked Liz if she wanted anything. No fair! She never does that for me!

Well, my mom really liked Liz. She's always said that she was a mature, responsible girl whom I should learn from. After she chatted with my mom, we both ran upstairs to my room.

The party was around 7 o'clock. So we started getting ready eventhough we had around 4 hours, but, if you know girls, you'd know that some of us take a hell of alot time to get ready. We took turns taking showers and when it was my turn, I let the warm water relax my aching muscles. It ran over my body spreading it's warmth, having the same effect on me as Riley did.

We were both wrapped in dressing gowns; she used one of my spares, and our wet hair was wrapped up in towels. We started with applying nail varnish onto our toes, I put black nail varnish on mine while she put dark blue on hers, matching our dresses.

Then we did manicures, with the same nail varnish that we had put on our toes. After they had dried, we both put on our dresses and I let my towel down so that my curls flowed naturally down my back. Me and Liz both did our own makeup, because we were both equally good at it.

I put some eyeliner and a tad of lipgloss. I went over to my shoe rack and got my black high heels. I looked for something for Lizzie because we were both the same shoe size. I finally found a pair of dark blue high heels and gave it to her.

We both put our shoes on and stared into my long mirror, gazing at ourselves, making sure everything was in place. Both of our dresses were both short but hers had a bit more of a flow while mine hugged my body, revealing my curves and slim figure.

"Wow, you look so pretty Liz." I complimented her. She really did, her straight blonde hair looked great as the rest of her.

"You look really pretty too Scar." we both smiled at our reflections in that one moment.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Uh..." she looked around and noticed a clock. "It's 10 past 7."

"Well, we better get going then." I let my bag at home but when we went out of the house, I left my key under the welcome carpet outside. I mean, we were going to be a house away. When I came back, Jamie would probably be sleeping and my mom would be at work.

We looked over at Riley's house and saw that it was literally going to explode. We could hear the music blaring from inside, there were tongue-tied couples outside, with billions of cars outside that the street was covered with them, there was also toilet paper (what the heck?!) outside on his front yard too. There were empty cans of beers spread over the grass, people were even playing basketball, and a group of people were doing the hoedown throwdown, dancing to the radio they had bought outside that had the song playing.

Me and Liz rushed over to join them, and eventhough I wasn't exactly a fan of Miley Cyrus, or Hannah Montana or whatever. I had known this song like ages ago... don't judge me. 

"Pop it! Lock it! Polka dot it! Countrify then hip hop it! Put your hawk in the sky, move side to side! Jump to left! Stick it! Glide!" I sang with the crowd. "Zig zag across the floor! Shuffle in diagonal! When the drum hits! Hands on your hips! One foot in, 180 twist! And then a... zig zag! Step n' slide! Lean in left! Clap three times! Shake it out, head to toe! Throw it all together, that's how we roll!"