Chapter 3 - Unexpected

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

I woke up to a Wedesday morning, protecting myself from the sunlight leaking through the curtains of my bedroom which now seemed too bright to my newly-opened eyes.

I slid myself out of bed and looked out of my second window which looked right through Riley's room. All I could see was Riley sleeping, looking adorable as usual, but then someone else walked in. Tristan. Ugh, this early in the morning? I didn't need this. I knew he had stopped to stare at me but I just ignored him and went to the bathroom.

What was he doing there anyway? I've never seen him before in my life. Actually... I felt like I've been around him before. Oh nevermind.

After I had done all the essentials, I went downstairs to make myself some breakfast. In the end, I ended with some cereal. I scrunched up the pieces in my mouth, that promised a perfect body in three weeks. I didn't really care about having a perfect body, I was already thin enough.

I wanted to go out. Like always. I ran upstairs to change into some skinny jeans and a loose t-shirt then I practically ran out the house. I walked to the only lake in town, which took around fifteen to twenty minutes, but it was worth it.

I remember coming here every weekend with my dad. We would stare at the water and talk about how the week was before he would buy me ice cream. I always got the same one everytime; three scoops of chocolate ice cream, with nuts and chocolate sauce on top. Calling me a chocoholic would be an understatement.

I wonder what my dad was doing now, what he was up to. I hadn't seen him in about ten years... for certain... reasons. I sat there daydreaming when I felt someone sit down next to me, I looked to see who it was, it turned out to be Tristan.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped at him without meaning to.

"I couldn't stay away from you." oh god. He thought that was going to work?

"Listen, I met you yesterday, so stop pestering me with all these cheesy lines because I'm in love with someone else who happens to be one of your friends. Okay?" I sounded so mean and harsh but I just had to say it. But as soon as I did, I regretted it because he had a heartbroken expression on his face that made me feel like all the words I had said, was a lie.

"Oh. Sorry. I guess I should think more about your side of this." I gulped seeing how innocent he looked and how much it attracted me.

"My side of what?"

"The mate thing." mate? What mate thing? I'm not British and I'm not a boy!

"Huh?"

He looked me directly in the eyes so that brown met blue, his hair slightly infront of his face blowing in the wind, his cheeks a faint colour of pink as he whispered words I wasn't expecting which sent a burning fire sweep through my veins.

"You're my mate Scar."

I didn't know what to say. I don't know what he meant by those words but somehow it was all too familiar. As if I had heard it all before.

"Right. Wanna explain what that means?"

"It means that I'll want you and only you as long as I'll ever live."

"Please stop with the cheesy lines."

"It's not cheesy! It's true!"

"Right."