Chapter 4 - Thinking Things

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

It was Thursday. Only one day to go for the party and I still haven't got an outfit yet. After I had gotten washed and dressed, I literally ran to the cafe in the mall. I still couldn't stop thinking about Tristan and his kisses. I felt as if I was cheating on Riley if I even go near him, but to him, it felt like I was cheating on him if I even go near Riley.

I couldn't decide between either of them, but to be fair, I had liked Riley ages before I met Tristan. But the thing is, eventhough I had met Riley and liked him for ages, I had no idea what he thought of me. I had just met Tristan, had a fight with him, shared a few kisses and even a bite. It was already like I had known him for ages.

But why the hell did he bite me?

And what was even more freaky; why did I enjoy it?!

There were too many questions going around in my head, I just needed to chill. So when I sat down next to Lizzie in the cafe, that was all I wanted to do.

"Hey, where's Becky?"

"Oh she got dragged into going to her cousin's house or something." Lizzie replied.

"Oh. Will she come tomorrow night?"

"I don't know. I still need to buy my dress you know."

"Same. Let's go now."

After we had ate, (me a triple chocolate muffin and hot chocolate!), we wondered around the mall and entered a shop full of different dresses. Lizzie got her eye caught by a royal blue dress and while she admired it, I walked away from her to look at some of the other dress. Nothing interested me, I dragged my feet behind me as I looked from dress to dress, bored.

I missed Riley. He always made me feel better. But there was something about the way that Tristan had kissed me that made me feel special. Maybe it was because that was one of my first kisses that I had had for a long time, but I don't know.

Then something caught my eye, and it wasn't Riley. I got the hanger out and looked at it up and down. It was just what I needed.

It was a black dress, normal and fine at the front, but at the back, there were just straps in designs so that if you put it on, your skin would reveal itself where there was no material. I laughed. Business in the front, party in the back. Perfect.

Without even thinking about it, I rushed over to the counter and payed for it. I then carried the bag over to Lizzie who was still deciding on dresses.

"You've already bought it?" she asked.

"Yep."

"Oh. What do you think? Blue or Lavender?" she said while holding up two dresses.

"Blue." I answered her. Blue would definitely suit her because she had straight blonde hair and well, I always thought blue would look good on blondes...

"Hmm, I thought that too. Gonna go pay now." I watched while she waited in the queue to pay for the dress. I wanted nothing more than to just go home and sleep, after the encounter with Tristan, I had felt so exhausted and I didn't know why.

The look, the kiss, the bite, it all made me want to find out more about him. But I loved Riley eventhough he doesn't give me looks, he didn't kiss me and he certainly hadn't bit me. The bite. Why hadn't I screamed out loud and slapped him? I had actually liked it and went closer to him!